B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #1  

bxowner

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5055e
I took delivery of my B2920 the other day and am very pleased. Looked it all over yesterday for places to put extra lighting - as I couldn't see much while moving snow with the loader at night. I noticed a threaded nut welded to the rigid part of the ROPS and another hole just below. It would be a good place to mount extra lights - any idea what it's for?

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #3  
Its for keeping the ROPS from rattling when its in the upright position but there are folks that have mounted lights there. You may want to check and see but I know on my 2920 it looked as if if I was to mount lights there they will be pretty much at head level and when you turn to look backwards there would be a pretty good glare. I mounted my on the top cross bar with them on the inside of the ROPS, they are high enough that they are not in my eyes when I look backwards.

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature
Great. Thanks for sharing the info re: the bolt - saves me a lot of trips up and down the stairs to my stash of various bolts. Now to figure out if the local hardware store stocks stainless.

I like the Hella lights you put on. I have used the same Hella dual-beam worklamp for years, which I may still put on the rear. But, I'm intrigued by the LED lamps out there now. It would settle my concerns with too much draw on the battery if I had all lights going.

Will post pix of what I eventually do.

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #5  
For some reason they don't come with the tractor, but should. I ordered a pair to stop the ROPS from rattling.

Attachments

• 100_1609.jpg
    100_1609.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 449
   / B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #6  
I know this is an old thread but it is relative to the question I have. Does anyone have a part number or "official name" of the black plastic knobs that are discussed and pictured above? I recently purchased a B2320 and the ROPS rattling is ruining my seat time. I looked over the parts breakdown on the Kubota website but never figured out what these are called. Thanks for any help, Jason

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #7  
I know this is an old thread but it is relative to the question I have. Does anyone have a part number or "official name" of the black plastic knobs that are discussed and pictured above? I recently purchased a B2320 and the ROPS rattling is ruining my seat time. I looked over the parts breakdown on the Kubota website but never figured out what these are called. Thanks for any help, Jason

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/144860-b2620-what.html#post1677254

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #8  
Thank you so much Sir. Just exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, Jason.

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #9  
Just today I was thinking about that rattle and wondering what size bolt I needed to stop it. Then here comes this thread with the answer.

I love this place!

I think I'll see if McMaster Carr has any threaded knobs in metric. I like that idea better than just a bolt, easier to loosen or tighten if need be to get the pins in and out. Might be cheaper than Kubota, might not.

/ B2320/2620/2920 owners... help ID a ROPS feature #10  
Late reply, but for anyone who's cheap (like me) you can just put a regular bolt M10 1.25 pitch metric thread sized and that works too.