L45 or Grand L40 Series

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #1  

montelatici

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 and L3560 HSTC LE
Went to my local Kubota dealer today after clearing a bunch of snow. Told him (I've bought 2 tractors from the same salesman) that I was thinking that since I have a BX1850 for mowing, I was thinking of upgrading the BX24 to something bigger. He showed me a few tractors and was recommending the L45. He didn't have any L40 Grands on the lot but he indicated that since the L45 comes already fitted with the BH and FEL, the price of a less expensive tractor might approach the price of the L45 once you add the FEL and BH because there is a labor charge that is applied for the installation of the BH and FEL on say, the L40 Grand series, for example.

Any thoughts?

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #2  
When I was at Barlows I saw a B2710? left over model with FEL and BH already mounted. Steve said it has full warranty and new financing. If one step up would help you. He can bring you the B and pick up your BX and I'd say make a good deal on it.:)

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series
I looked at the Bs, but they don't really provide that big jump in capability compared to the BX24, unless I am missing something.

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #4  
Montelatici

I don't know about the grand L40 , But I have A L45 and it is a huge jump from a BX ( More like Titanic ) This is one great all around tractor. Expensive but worth the money. You can take the back hoe off and do just about everything an AG tractor will do. From making hay to brush hogging Moving dirt and digging stumps out. Here are some Pic's of my unit and some of the work I have done the stumps that I have dug out ,I can lift and move around with easy, I live on a hill and have cleared about a acre off and this tractor is very stable on the hills. Very powerful and able to do what you ask of it with in reason.

Attachments

• Stump 5.JPG
    Stump 5.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Stump 1.JPG
    Stump 1.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 211
  • 1 (Small).JPG
    1 (Small).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 3 (Small).JPG
    3 (Small).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 229
  • L45 2 (Medium).JPG
    L45 2 (Medium).JPG
    160 KB · Views: 476
  • L45 4.JPG
    L45 4.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 443
Thanks for the pics. I have removed roots that size with my BX24, but it took about a day and a half using the BH and loader alternatively. How long did it take you with the L45?

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #6  
Thanks for the pics. I have removed roots that size with my BX24, but it took about a day and a half using the BH and loader alternatively. How long did it take you with the L45?

That was an old maple stump in the one picture in front of the bucket and a walnut in the grapple. The maple from start to finished and graded off Hour 1/2
The walnut about 1/2 hour. I also own a Bx 2230 and it is a toy compared to the L45. Had a B26 before the L45 and the L45 is twice the tractor the B26 was. No complaints

That was an old maple stump in the one picture in front of the bucket and a walnut in the grapple. The maple from start to finshed and graded off Hour 1/2
The walnut about 1/2 hour. I

Impressive. I was verbally quoted 41.5K before negotiation for a plain jane TLB + 300 for the 3pt hitch hardware.

What should I be looking for price wise.

BTW, I know that it it has the ability to be moved slowly while you are on the backhoe. While not quite an excavator capability, is it useful? I find myself needing to move the BX a little when using the BH and you have to get off the tractor turn the seat around and this takes time.

Also, the hyro self levelling seems a useful feature.

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #9  
Impressive. I was verbally quoted 41.5K before negotiation for a plain jane TLB + 300 for the 3pt hitch hardware.

What should I be looking for price wise.

I have both front and back factory installed hydraulic remotes installed , Hydraulic thumb , quick attach front and back buckets, bolt on cutting edge, tooth bar, 72 in Box blade, 60in Anbo grapple. 7ft yard rake, Top n Tilt. And paid 46500 out the door. So 41,000 not to bad to start.

/ L45 or Grand L40 Series #10  
BTW, I know that it it has the ability to be moved slowly while you are on the backhoe. While not quite an excavator capability, is it useful? I find myself needing to move the BX a little when using the BH and you have to get off the tractor turn the seat around and this takes time.

Also, the hyro self levelling seems a useful feature.

The HST plus transmission is outstanding it is a pleasure to play ( work ) with. The self leveling is nice if your doing alot of fork lift stuff but I don't use it to much moving dirt and gravel.