kUBOTA L275

/ kUBOTA L275 #1  

dkostiha

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120
I am looking at a L275, 4 wd with loader later this week. I presently have a JD 770, 2 wd without a loader. Any words of advice or things to look for on the 275 ? Does it have power steering ? Pros & cons ??

/ kUBOTA L275 #2  
I had an L175DT 17HP with front loader - the difference to the 275 being the 27 HP and frame size and possibly the loader. They didnt have power steering but there were add on kits - more like a power assist that could be installed.

The L series are good solid tractors, but I would check the tires/wheel, mine were filled with calcium and rotted so had to weld patches and repaint. Also since gear drive check the clutch operation. Mine had the front mounted hydralic pump and needed to replace the drive coupling. Not sure if the 275 has a integral hyd pump or not. Check the front axle seals/drive assy for leaks if used hard with loader work these can seep.

Overall if you intend to use this for loader work and have wide open spaces it should be fine, but if you intend to be operating in tight quarters with no power steering it can be a handful when you have a full load.. Also ballast for the rear 3PT hitch - these loaders can lift a lot so get rear blade or weight box if not they are tippy when loaded - just like me :)

/ kUBOTA L275 #3  
I am also looking at a 1983 or so L275DT with front end loader and 850 hours, always stored inside, not shiny but looks great. Everything works as it shoud. He just used it to bush hog his fields. A Kubota dealer offered the owner $6,000.00 for it. The owner said he'd sell it to me for the same $6,000.00 amount. He's an older retired guy who just wants a change of pace and a new Kubota. He's had it for 15 or so years. What is the difference between an L275 and a L275DT if any? It doesn't need a thing, except maybe change the fluids. Doesn't even have any tire cracks. What is the street value and was it a good tractor? Or should I divide the $6,000.00 into monthly payments into 6 years, add to the payment and get a new tractor?

/ kUBOTA L275 #4  
Frank.

Thats a fair price for the unit and to get a new or nearly new one would be at least 3X or $18K range..

The DT stands for Dual Traction or 4WD, and if this tractor doesnt have 4WD then the price is on the high side. L275 is 2 WD.

If it comes with the bush hog then its an even better value.

/ kUBOTA L275 #5  
What is value of Kubota L 275, 1985 year model? High hours

/ kUBOTA L275 #6  
Glen

L275 or L275DT? DT stands for 4WD, and does it have a Loader or no? Hours are important - but condition is more important. a high hour decent condition with 2500-3000 hours L275 DT with 4WD is probably $3000-3500 w/o loader with loader another $800 +-. IF 2WD $2000-2500 range.

If in rough condition, rusted, needing tires and maybe rims if they are loaded with calcium, the $ will quickly add up.