M7040 HDC & HDC-1 changeover

/ M7040 HDC & HDC-1 changeover
I agree. The turbo is a negative as far as I can tell. The extra (one) HP won't be noticeable. What will be noticeable is the extra cost and you are supposed to let the turbo idle for several minutes before shutting the tractor down. PITA.

Ken

Ken,

At first I was kind of bummed about the NA 7040, but now I tend to agree with you. Turbo whine gets kinda tiring after constant work and it's another machine that has to be cooled down before shut down. I hear the turbo does create a little nicer torque curve. The EGR is the downside to me. They are prone to causing performance issues later on.

Overall, i'm happy. right now I'm installing the remote 3rd function out front. just ordered a new 84" bucket and also installing the 80 amp alt & defrosted glass out back.

Looks like a nice unit.

/ M7040 HDC & HDC-1 changeover #12  
Old thread but........My 7040 whines at a certain amount of throttle but it doesnt have a turbo. For the 1st 20 or so hrs I thought i was hearing the turbo but after looking under the hood, I can tell there's no turbo.

/ M7040 HDC & HDC-1 changeover #13  
I haven't found the one on mine either. With a one HP gain it can't be very large. It is for emissions only.

It would seem to have to be in the exhaust system somewhere but maybe as slight as a plumbing side pipe.

You may want to check your engine number with a dealer to be sure it is non-turbo.