Price Check Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #1  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I have a 2005 L3400 gear tractor with 274 hours, R4 tires, LA463 loader... excellent condition. It has been well maintained, and had the three point hitch valve changed out when new to eliminate the "jerky" three point hitch problem on the early L3400's. I want to trade it on a new L3400 HST... tractor only. I would move my loader, backhoe subframe, and hydraulics (valve, etc.) to the new tractor. What do you all think would be a fair difference to pay?

I had a figure in mind, and have gotten a price from one dealer (higher than the figure I had in mind... of course!). I'm bouncing this off you guys, and any dealers reading this, as a sanity check to come up with a reasonable figure (or perhaps a reasonable high/low price range).

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #2  
I have a 2005 L3400 gear tractor with 274 hours, R4 tires, LA463 loader... excellent condition. It has been well maintained, and had the three point hitch valve changed out when new to eliminate the "jerky" three point hitch problem on the early L3400's. I want to trade it on a new L3400 HST... tractor only. I would move my loader, backhoe subframe, and hydraulics (valve, etc.) to the new tractor. What do you all think would be a fair difference to pay?

I had a figure in mind, and have gotten a price from one dealer (higher than the figure I had in mind... of course!). I'm bouncing this off you guys, and any dealers reading this, as a sanity check to come up with a reasonable figure (or perhaps a reasonable high/low price range).
Contact Barlows. They trade and support this forum.:)

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #3  
I'll play the game!!! :) Seems like the price for new tractors are pretty high... and they have to make a profit on the old one (so low trade in).

Not to mention it's a gear model, too!?!?! ...just kidding (a little) it is a smaller market and the tractor may sit on the lot longer (?) - I'll throw out a number (or pull one out of... ...the air) $6,000 to upgrade?

BTW, have you tested out the 3 point hitch of the new tractor? :rolleyes:;):)

Last edited:
   / Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST
Teg - Thanks for your input... you are definitely higher than the figure I had in mind, and also quite a bit higher than the figure I got from the one dealer I have talked to. Let's see what other figures come up... by the way, you are in Raleigh?... I am in the Durham area. Also, no I haven't tried the 3 pt. on the new one... I thought that issue had been corrected on the newer L2800 and 3400??

JOHNTHOMAS - I did make a call to Barlows... got a voice recording... hate talking to those things, so I will try again tomorrow.

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #5  
Sorry you got my voice mail. I was on the phone most of the day so please leave a message if you get the recording and I will ring you back. I will think on what you are doing and see if I can get my arms around a price between now and then. You can also shoot me a message on here or through our website e-mail if that is easier.

Thanks,
Brady

Brady - No need to apologize... believe me I understand the need for voicemail... no criticism intended. The fact is I just prefer not to leave messages because invariably when I get the return call I'm in the middle of something and can't talk. I'll keep trying to get in touch with you... I have been very impressed with the high praise you receive from others on this forum, and for that reason I certainly would like to get a quote from you.

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #7  
I will also give a good recommendation for Brady.

I would think you might be better to leave some of that stuff on there. At least the loader. The dealer, whatever dealer might have a hard time selling someone a bare bones tractor that looks like someone took all the stuff off.

medicshawn - I gave some serious thought to what you are talking about, and decided that I could come out ahead by switching the loader over... the one dealer I have talked to agreed. The cost of a new loader would be far more than the additional a dealer would allow me on a trade if I left my loader on my old machine. With the loader removed, my machine would be on the dealer's lot looking like a brand new L3400, only exception being that is has 274 hours on it, and it would be at least $5k less price than a new one. Dealer could equip it with a new Kubota or aftermarket loader, and it would still be a great deal.

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #9  
Any updates? Did you do it? I could not justify an upgrade since my L2800 has done all that I've asked it to do... I'll put some money toward TnT and/or a grapple and toothbar... :thumbsup: The price to upgrade was great (and doable) but in reality, I did not "need" to do it.

/ Price to trade from L3400 gear to L3400 HST #10  
I've been tempted to go a little bigger lately but like teg, to much to upgrade and unnecessary. My little L3400HST has been great. A little mule that has performed admirably. :thumbsup: