M7040 on the way

/ M7040 on the way #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Picked up a lightly used '07 M-7040 HDC today with 140 hours. Equipped as follows:

4WD
R-1's
Cab/Air
LA1153 loader w/ Q/A
Air seat
2 sets remotes
am/fm/mp3

The bad:
Bucket missing-however, I already have a Kubota 4-in-1 74" toothed bucket and I want an 84" material bucket for snow, etc, instead of a 72" so that's not a big deal.
Forgot to ask if loader was self leveling-DUH:confused2:
"Pink" sun faded fenders

Goes straight to dealer to get 3rd function hydraulics out front, rear defrost kit w/ 80 amp alternator & either cast wheels or rim guard.

/ M7040 on the way #2  
I'm sure that you'll like the new 7040. Congratulations!

I bought my Kubota used and the previous owner had let it sit out in the sun. The top of the cab turned pink, the fenders, hood, and only the front wheels turned a bit chalky.

I was able to use a buffer with a very mild compound to make the hood, fenders and wheels glossy again. Then I put on a good coat of wax to preserve it.

I still haven't figured out how to turn the pink back to the original orange without paint.

/ M7040 on the way #3  
I've been following your posts. Good decision and a good price based on what you posted before.

It will quickly grow on you. Nice tractor.

/ M7040 on the way
The 7040 is big enough to be "big" and yet still small enough to do smaller landscaping jobs and plow driveways. With rear cast wheel and front weights, it can be made pretty heavy for pulling ground engaging attachments. :thumbsup:

/ M7040 on the way #5  
Nice! You got some serious iron there, enjoy!

/ M7040 on the way #6  
good choice, weight in the rear is important for stability and traction. I have CI hubs, rim guard and two wheel weights each side and when i use the 4 in 1 bucket I wish for more weight. But with proper weights it performs like a much bigger tractor

/ M7040 on the way #9  
Good deal! Congrats on the beast. I love mine!!!:thumbsup:

/ M7040 on the way #10  
congrats on your new tractor! well, new to you anyways. :thumbsup: