Bx 2660 Seat

/ Bx 2660 Seat #11  
I would get prices from these three dealers.

NY - Emerichs - Emerich Sales & Service - Kubota,Cub Cadet Yanmar,Toro,New & Used Tractors,Exmark,Ferris,Ariens

PA - Messicks - Messick's | Dealer for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota, Cub Cadet and More | Online Parts, Sales & Service.

KY - Barlows - Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder

I have purchased two tractors from Kevin Emerich and one from Brady Barlow. Both are very good to deal with. I have also heard great things about Neil Messick. All three deliver into CT/MA area. I live in CT.

/ Bx 2660 Seat #12  
I've bought several tractors due to needs changing and trying to get the right combination for the current need. I also like trading. I have a BX2660 with FEL and MMM for home use which is primarily mowing. I just bought a BX25 for my business. If you know you are going to add a BH later I will strongly encourage you to look at the BX25. Contact the dealers that sale on line that have been referred to you in a previous post. If your financing, get the bottom line monthly payment for 60 months delivered to your door. Kubota just added the 60 mo 0% on the 1st of March. Price the BX2660 and the BX25. There will probably be very little difference in the monthly payment and now you can get the 0% interest which can make a hugh difference over adding something later that you have to pay going rate interest. Just compare difference in price now. Won't cost naything for them to give you price both ways. Good luck in your hunt.

/ Bx 2660 Seat
Thanks for the sites Amigauser! I have requested quotes for both the BX2660 and the BX25. Like JohnThomas said, it doesn't hurt to ask especially since the financing is 60/0% now. I got Barlows site Sunday reading other threads and received a quote this morning of $12850 for the BX2660 and $16150 for the BX25. Price does not include delivery of $600-700 for my area and I'm not sure of sales tax. I will give them a call later today.

For the local shop around the corner I got a quote for the BX2660 for $13400 and $17400 for the BX25 delivered plus sales tax. The dealer in New Hampshire is a hour away has not got back to me yet. There is no sales tax in NH, so I have to take that into account when the numbers come in.

The journey continues :licking:

Thanks for the help everyone!

Bruce

/ Bx 2660 Seat #14  
Considering delivery, I'd calls those prices identical. I'm a fan of making sure the closer shop stays open...I'd even pay a small premium for that. It will pay huge dividends when you need to get it serviced. If your local guy goes out of business, imagine having to pay $700 delivery ON TOP OF your service every 100 hours. Stinky.

If you had the ability to trailer the unit yourself, looks like you could save some bucks. If you were itching for a trailer and have the truck to tow it with, it may be a good time to consider that purchase. You can get a decent 16' 7k# capacity trailer for $2k all day long and twice on Tuesday. As I said, though, that all falls apart if you don't have the truck for it...by truck, I mean any 1/2 ton SUV (Armada, Expedition, Tahoe, Suburban...), or any 1/2 ton-and-up pickup.

Looks like the spread between the BX2660 and BX25 is ~$3k to $4k. Adding a Woods later is $5.5k to $6k. I said it before and I'll say it again. Obviously, better money is on the BX25. HOWEVER, getting a very capable tractor to the homestead with a couple attachments for under $14k is very appealing. Knock out a bunch of projects, recover your investment, store up a few acorns, then get the Woods in a year or two. Silly if you're financing 100% of the purchase at 0%, to be sure. In that case, I'd get the BX25 without looking back. But I like cash and no payments...a get-what-you-can-afford type of guy.

Just to throw more variables in the mix.

/ Bx 2660 Seat
Yes I agree. I am considering these price so far pretty much equivalent. I would love to give the Toreku Tractor my business just for service and warranty convenience. If I can get some other prices (lower) to bring in and compete against, I should feel I got a good price.

I don't have a trailer and don't see a need for one because this is just going to be personal tractor. Although, I know my son will call me up one day and say "Dad, can I borrow the tractor". Sure you can, bring your own trailer. :D

My buddies all have big equipment and the gear to move them, but It gets old always borrowing someone else's stuff though.

~Bruce

/ Bx 2660 Seat #16  
Thanks for the sites Amigauser! I have requested quotes for both the BX2660 and the BX25. Like JohnThomas said, it doesn't hurt to ask especially since the financing is 60/0% now. I got Barlows site Sunday reading other threads and received a quote this morning of $12850 for the BX2660 and $16150 for the BX25. Price does not include delivery of $600-700 for my area and I'm not sure of sales tax. I will give them a call later today.

For the local shop around the corner I got a quote for the BX2660 for $13400 and $17400 for the BX25 delivered plus sales tax. The dealer in New Hampshire is a hour away has not got back to me yet. There is no sales tax in NH, so I have to take that into account when the numbers come in.

The journey continues :licking:

Thanks for the help everyone!

Bruce

To me it looks like the BX2660 is OK local but BX25 looks to be much better buy shipped. If your local dealer goes out of business you will only have to go as far as the nearest Kubota dealer if it's warranty and if it's not warranty then to any tractor mechanic. That won't be any $700. If a tractor is sold out of state then no sales tax. If Barlows and probably any other dealer has more sales coming to your area, shipping is reduced. Ask them. If the money is your big factor then order where you get the best price and give it a few weeks to save on shipping. My opinion on saving locals dealers is a couple of hundred dollars more. Above that it becomes them wanting to make to much on me. If your local dealer is charging you more than any other dealer then that's how much more profit they are making than the other dealer. They all pay the same price for the tractor. How much profit should your neighbor make on you? Good luck, you'll like either tractor, I do.

/ Bx 2660 Seat
I agree, the BX25 is a better deal online, but the overall total blows my budget. For the BX2660, one online dealer is already 738 less than my local. That includes the standard shipping rates. Another came in at a decent price with shipping and they are throwing in wheel weights or calcium, rear work lights, block heater and a full tank of fuel. They asked not to mention the price so I won't. The one I really want to here from is the dealer an hour away in NH, but they have not got back to me at all.

My local has been in business for 25 plus years, so do I don't see them folding anytime soon.

Thanks for the information.
Bruce

/ Bx 2660 Seat #18  
go with toreku. i got my bx25 from them and they are nice to deal with. keep it local if you can

/ Bx 2660 Seat #19  
Hi reading everybody's post and had post my story.Was pricing 2660 w/fel/r4/54" deck with two dealers near me and they were 1200 apart so i asked the other if he could match it cause that is where i have been buying parts already and he just told me to go buy it from the other dealer there is nothing he could do???? So not to hard to figure out what i am going to do if it was a couple hundred i could see not 1200.00

/ Bx 2660 Seat #20  
...could see not 1200.00
Tough to say. Perhaps the higher dealer gets their price more often than not, so they don't feel the need to drop their price. Why would they be obligated to match whatever price someone down the street is pawning?

Sometimes prices get to a point that I have more concern over the viability of the CHEAP guy than the guy that sticks to his guns. I've seen more local contractors fold that undercut the competition by 25% than the guys that hold up honest and sincere prices on their services. You can't undercut but for so long.

That said, I'm not a fan of "this is the price, take it or leave it" scenarios, either. Unless the price is ACTUALLY GOOD, it paints the consumer into a corner. Never a good way to start a long-standing relationship.

I have a "one price" dealership, but it's a good price, so I never minded.

Different solution every time. There's a right answer buried in there somewhere and (usually) whichever one you pick, that's the right one.