It's only flaw

/ It's only flaw #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
It\'s only flaw

I truly love my B7500. It is everything I could want in a tractor. Power, easy to use and just plain fun. It has one flaw though in my opinion. The seat. It hits me in the back at just the wrong place. I know I'm driving cross-country with this machine but the engineers at Kubota must have a different back structure then mine.
Understand I'm just being picky here. In no way should this observation deter anyone from purchasing this fabulous tractor.
-T

/ It's only flaw #2  
Re: It\'s only flaw

You're not running R4's with 40# are you?...............chim

/ It's only flaw

Chim,
Yes on the R4's but I'm not sure about the pressure.

/ It's only flaw #4  

Do some searches on tire pressures. Right now I'm down to 10# front (23X8.50-14R4) and 7# rear (12-16.5 R4 with 15 gallons of antifreeze). The ride has improved greatly.

The 10# in the front may be marginal if you do acrobatics with a full bucket - always a chance the tire bead could unseat from the rim. With the FEL removed, 10# in the front seems like too much. I was looking for a pressure I could live with for both purposes so I didn't have to air up and down.

I may go to 5# in the rear for a while to see how that works. The sidewalls of the rear tires are still pretty much unaffected when I pick up the RFM with the 3PH.

My tires are marked with max pressures of 35# front and 40# rear. If I ever tried that, it would need to be on a very smooth driveway. Traversing my lawn with those pressures could be a substitute procedure for ultrasonic kidney stone treatment............................chim

/ It's only flaw #5  

I agree the seat leaves a lot to be desired. I am preparing to replace it with a spring and shock seat. Had it on a B7200 I had. Will have to take the tool box off and have a plate made to mount the seat on. JIM

/ It's only flaw

Chim,
You've got me thinking about tweaking the tire puressures in my tires. Still, even doing that won't stop the top back of the seat digging into my back. It's just the way the seat and my back are designed. Both are not compatible.
-Terry

/ It's only flaw #7  

Terry,

I run 22 Lbs Frt and 20 Lbs rear - not filled on my B21 w/R4s and this seems OK. I don't want to go to much lower since when I have a full bucket load of rock they squat just a bit.

When a tire is loaded there is a very small amount of air space left for compression (20%) I imagine, so the air pressure in the loaded tires can be lower than the non filled tires.

I like the seat on the B21 - it has springs and I bottom out frequently. Of course that has more to do with my eating habits than poor design.

You might want to get the B21 setup as I think it should be able to be used on the 7500 series, but they might want $$$ for this. Most auto supply stores have a book with tractor seats they can order - $70-100 range for a nice seat. I did this on my old L185 DT when I restored it.

Carl

/ It's only flaw

Hey Carl,
I didn't realize you could order new seats for tractors. I'll explore my possiblities. My seat also has springs and the ride with my non-filled tires is ok it's just the shape of the seat that kills my back.
-Terry

/ It's only flaw #9  

The B 2410 seat will fit on the B 7500. I agree the seat is the only complaint I have about the tractor, I think the seat is about $150 I may get one this fall./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ It's only flaw #10  

I agree with Terry. I spent 10 hours this weekend putting the Orange Beauty through her paces and the only problem was the seat. I think it was designed by smaller people. Don't think they considered people who are 6'-3" and wear size 12 shoes. I'm also experimenting with tire pressures. Haven't decided what's best yet. BTW, Chim I found a pressure gauge 1-20 lbs. at Wal-Mart in the auto section. It was $4.68.

Richard