L3400DT v B2320DT

/ L3400DT v B2320DT #1  

Sunkistdds

Tractor
IHC: Cub, H,M, 350U, 460, 560, 706's, 806, 826, 1066
I have considerable farm boy experience with farm tractors with loaders and have 2 now, but no mini tractors. I want one just because... LOL... well I think I can use it with the small backhoe attachment, but mostly just want one.

The packages both come with a trailer, mower, loader and rotary. The 2320 is 15,495 and the 3400 is 19,995. These appear to be reasonable prices. What I want to do is trade all the extras I do not need for just the tractor loader and hoe. I have priced aftermarket hoes in the 4500 range. Can I validly ask to trade even and haul it home myself?

Any thoughts on utility of the above? Price?

/ L3400DT v B2320DT #2  
What do you want to do with the tractor? The step between a B2320 and L3400 is a pretty big jump. Are your concerns pto power or backhoe/loader?

I have a B21 which is Kubota's smallest industial model. In capabilities it fits between the two models you are looking at. Except mine is more centered on loader/backhoe work (my loader is not removable, pto power is merely 13 :D ).
Will you need to use the loader to dump into a high truck? How much backhoe work do you anticipate? I believe the 2320 takes a 6.5 foot hoe, the 3400 can take the 9. Thats a significant difference, and the digging forces are higher also.
Really comes down to your needs. My tractor suites me fine, but would be unacceptable for some people. I have used it to dig dozens of stumps in the 16" - 24" range, and move 100s of tons of fill dirt and topsoil. One other thing I have found convenient is the single seat that swivels to work with the backhoe. The 2320 TLB may have this feature, the 3400 will not. Either way you have to get down to use the backhoe, but the tighter seating keeps me within reach of the hydro pedals if i need to inch forward or reverse...

/ L3400DT v B2320DT
Thnaks Trigger... just hoe work. And not a lot of it, I just want the convenience of having my own and in a smaller package. But I do want the most bang for the buck. You gave me a lot of info and leaning toward the bigger horse. I have a Belarus 54 hp with a cab 4x4... I could put an after market on a lot cheaper but it is too big for a lot of what I need. Thanks again.

/ L3400DT v B2320DT #4  
Best thing to do is to go and look at the tractors if you havent already. Get a feel for just how big they are because pictures online and brochures just dont give a fair comparison. The l3400 is way more tractor. You get about double the lift capacity on the front loader. Not sure about the hoe. You get a lot bigger tires and more ground clearence as well if that is a concern.

All that being said, the 3400 is still a small nimble tractor. They are roughly the size of an 8n ford. But way more capable with the hydraulics and 4wd. The price you listed for all that seemes like a very fair deal to me. Most around here usually pay around 17k for just the loader and tractor for the 3400. fiven that is is only about 4k more than the 2320, I'd say it is the better buy. Unless you want to do a lot of lawn mowing with a MMM on the 2320. No disrespect to the 2320 but to me it seems too much like a law mower and not enough like a tractor. But I'm sure my 3400 seems that way to some farmers out there as well.