Comparison Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab

/ Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab #1  

Boris1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HTSC FEL-RTVX1120 Camo-JDX540
Hello,

I am considering these 2 tractors, I have a 2004 L4330 and have loved it. However I am looking at getting a cab due to the recent winter. I was pretty much sold on the Kubota from past exp. but my buddy is a JD guy and has been trying to sway my opinion. So I figured for the amount of money involved I would ask for other opinions? So what a better place to do that then here. Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab #2  
Both tractors are very good machines. Best advice is to test drive both and go with the one you like. Cab ergonomics are a big factor for most folks.

/ Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab
thanks

/ Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab #4  
I agree with sunnyside360. I just went through this and while looking, tripped upon too good of a deal to pass up on a L5030. JD makes good tractors, but I HATE the left foot brake; some love them, so that may be a consideration for some. I didn't make it into the cab of a JD as we were looking on Sunday, so I can't say anything about the control layout. You really need to find what fits you best as both are good tractors though the JD seems to offer more power and hydraulics.

I am guessing you are also posting this on the John Deere Forum too. Good luck.

Thanks, I have not posted in the jd forum but probably will. I just figured I ask here first. Some of the main differences I was hearing are pressurized cab on the JD, Accurately reported HP on the JD? Better prices and reliability on Kubota. Anyway thanks for your input it is appreciated.

/ Kubota L5740 Cab Vs JD 4720 HST Cab #6  
Thanks, I have not posted in the jd forum but probably will. I just figured I ask here first. Some of the main differences I was hearing are pressurized cab on the JD, Accurately reported HP on the JD? Better prices and reliability on Kubota. Anyway thanks for your input it is appreciated.

From looking at spec sheets only the HP difference comes from the turbo on the JD. JD price is a little high for me, but I believe the JD and Kubota are equally reliable.

thanks for the info