Attention B3030 owners & BX

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #1  

gdh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 HSDC, Kubota ZD 18
I was ready to pull the trigger on a BX2660/curtis cab today AND THEN I test drove the cabbed B3030. I have "searched B3030" extensively but I would love to hear some testimonials/reviews on the B3030.
Do any B3030 owners feel like you would be better served by the BX? Why??
Do any BX'ers whish you had gone B3030? Why?
My primary use is going to be snow removal with a front mount blower? After the curtis cab on the BX, the B3030 is only 5K more ($83/month more over 60mos). So for me it does not boil down to cash, just utility & happiness with the purchase.
Thanks for your responses.
gdh

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #2  
I've used both, the BX is a glorified lawnmower, the B3030 is more of a tractor. The B line is a great in-between size with the 3030 at the higher end so it actually has some power. The backhoe on it wasn't bad either. I use a full-sized loader backhoe and didn't think it did bad moving soil. You would find the limits of either in work, but I think you would be ready to trade up the BX in a hurry because of it's lack of size to aptly handle a decent job. I said before in another post check used tractor listings, lots of BX's for sale but not hardly any B3030's (though they have stopped making them). Lots of people want to trade up shortly after they purches the smaller one. They are not a lot different size wise, but would you actually have a problem with a tractor that was too able to handle a job? That's like being overqalified, much better probem to have than not capable enough. Lots of people here will tell you that any smaller tractor can do what the bigger ones can do it will just take them longer, but I disagree, the smaller ones are much more breakable too. One thing however everyone here agrees on is to get the best tractor you can afford and you won't regret it. Hope this helps.

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #3  
I've never owned a Bx, but i DO love my B3030 ! :thumbsup:

SnowblowingDecember007.jpg

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #4  
I saw in one of your other posts says you have 7 acres. So it sounds like you have plenty of land to play on. Oops, I mean land this will need tending to.:D If money is not a issue, get the B.

I have a 2005 B2630 350hrs (100+ mine). Same machine, smaller engine, and no cab. And I have only good things to say.

Buddy has BX24 and loves his.

Think about the size, cost, and other uses besides snow.

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #5  
I've used both, the BX is a glorified lawnmower, the B3030 is more of a tractor. The B line is a great in-between size with the 3030 at the higher end so it actually has some power. The backhoe on it wasn't bad either. I use a full-sized loader backhoe and didn't think it did bad moving soil. You would find the limits of either in work, but I think you would be ready to trade up the BX in a hurry because of it's lack of size to aptly handle a decent job. I said before in another post check used tractor listings, lots of BX's for sale but not hardly any B3030's (though they have stopped making them). Lots of people want to trade up shortly after they purches the smaller one. They are not a lot different size wise, but would you actually have a problem with a tractor that was too able to handle a job? That's like being overqalified, much better probem to have than not capable enough. Lots of people here will tell you that any smaller tractor can do what the bigger ones can do it will just take them longer, but I disagree, the smaller ones are much more breakable too. One thing however everyone here agrees on is to get the best tractor you can afford and you won't regret it. Hope this helps.
I've owned several BX's and still own a couple. I've owned a couple of B's and an L. I disagree with so much in this post (just about all of it) that I'm going to not respond to it.

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #6  
Like the man said, go with the B3030 now and avoid trading up later.

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #7  
The BX is far more than a glorified lawn mower. I use mine for moving mulch, top soil, wood chips and a bunch of other things. The BH works great and has more power than needed on a tractor that size. I use mine for snow removal with the 50" front mount blower and have no issues with it at all. I like the fact that it is nimble and without the blower or mowing deck will fit through most fence openings I have. Would I like a B3030...at times when time is critical. It will move more at a time and has higher ground clearance but with that it also become more tippy on hills and I do have hills so for me the BX felt better it had a lower COG. It is far more than a lawn mower but certain tasks will take longer such as moving materials with the bucket. Either machine is a great purchase.

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #8  
Go with the cabbed B3030. Check this link out, it is a fellow TBN member, Steve Foulks who has a nice web site describing his cabbed B3030 with front blower. Steve, I hope you don't mind me directing gdh to your site!!!!

outhttp://faculty.nmu.edu/sfoulks/personal/Kubota%20B3030%20HSDC.htm

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #9  
B3030 of course. Just the tire size alone makes the B a more able machine.:thumbsup:

/ Attention B3030 owners & BX #10  
Like JOHNTHOMAS, I disagree with Dusty1 on too many levels to enumerate, so I won't bother, but for the OP's stated uses, I would go with the 3030 and kind of suspect he is already headed that way.

As someone said on here not long ago, sometimes bigger is better and sometimes bigger is just bigger.