Is a 3010 HST overkill?

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #1  

crown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
I visited a new Kubota NH dealer just nosing around kicking a tire or two and I really liked the look of the 3010, I climbed onboard and this thing is heaven. I only have 6 acres and to be perfectly honest my B-7500 does all the task I have but the bushhogging certainly would be more comfortable and fun with the 3010. What is a good price for the 3010 and what could I realistically get for trade or out right sale of my B-7500? I'm I crazy/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif or just in my wants?

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #2  
I considered one. For the cost, over my B2710 they were a bargain. There was some talk a while ago that most people would be a bit disappointed in the power.

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #3  
Jeff-I considered a 2420 or a 2710 for my 6 acres before I decided on my B7500. Although I've only had it a short time it does everything I need it to do and more. I'd ask the dealer what they would give on a trade. Although I've read where most people get a better price selling it themselves. Isn't that the way it usually goes we always want something bigger? Heck, it doesn't cost anything to look!!

Richard

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #4  
Just bought a 3010 HST -- delivered a little over two weeks ago, with Woods 1012 FEL, quick attach 66" HD bucket, 48" pallet forks, canopy, First Choice 72" box blade, rear halogen worklight = $18,000 delivered.

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #5  
Crown,

Yes, the L3010 HST is overkill for 6 acres. When are you going to post a picture of it at work on your land?

John Bud

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #6  
Well...

I just went through the "what size Tractor" question/experience myself. You aready have a B7500. but the thoughts are the same...

I only have 3.7 acres to deal with. I finally ended up with a B2910 Kubota and think that it is just perfect for my needs. If I had not stopped I might have ended up with a L3010, but that would have been physically bigger so I think I got what I needed in the end.

One thing that helped me take the plunge bigger was someone telling me [rickjay?] that he had a B2910 on 2/3 of an acre and was quite pleased with it.

I don't think an L3010 would be overkill at all on 6 acres if you have a place to keep it and your trees are not too close together.

Pound per dollar you get more with the L3010. There was a pretty good rebate when I bought mine, so the L3010 at that time would have been almost the same price for me as the B2910 [I guess, did not price it].

If your pocket book is able to supply the cash, I would say go for the L3010 if you feel you want to. It will almost certainly work and be the tractor you can keep for the next 20 years, or longer.

To put it a different way: Overkill? Maybe. Satisfactory for use on six acres? Certainly...unless you have some very narrow places you have to get through...

Well, that is how I see it anyway...

Bill in Pgh Pa...almost...

/ Is a 3010 HST overkill? #7  
I have an L3010 on 3 ac. Is it overkill? Maybe. So what. It meets my needs. It is helping clean up the place. But then, my perspective is different than some. I grew up on a farm with bigger ag tractors. The L3010 is kinda small to me. Will it satisfactorily do what you need? Is the expense not an issue? As for underpowered - the only time I have noticed this is in the FEL. But then again, back to me being used to larger stuff. I have always run out of traction (turfs) long before power.

I love mine on my 3 acres. Next year it will be paid off and I'll have a nice tractor. GO FOR IT!