New purchase and BH availability

/ New purchase and BH availability #1  

yucholian

When shopping, I verified with the dealer that the new updated model of Kubota backhoe attachment (BH92 is new, BH90 is current) was readily available. They did not have one in stock but he checked with Kubota before telling me this. So I signed the papers on the tractor, loader and the backhoe. All was in stock except the new model backhoe. I get a call yesterday from the dealer and he says when he tried to order it, Kubota told him that the new backhoe was available for those who pre-ordered but the rest of us will have to wait till May at the earliest. Who knows what that means, could be July before I see it. I don't blame this dealer, I trust he is telling me the truth and Kubota dropped the ball. I was really set on the new BH. It will finally let you attach either a mechanical or hydraulic thumb. So now my options are:

1) buy the setup, make payments on the whole thing including BH, use the tractor and FEL until the new model BH shows up

2) buy the tractor with the current model BH that I can't attach a thumb

3) or go beat my head on the wall.

The 0% financing forces me to pay for the tractor and all attachments even though I won't have the BH for months. Mind you the BH attachment is 1/3 of the tractor cost. The dealer can't give me any more break on the price because he lowered the price a lot already. This one sat on their lot for awhile and wanted to move it.

WWYD?

/ New purchase and BH availability #2  
I'd say get what you want/need and wait for the BH that you want. I bought one of the first plows for a RTV500 and they told me it would be months before it was available..Turned out to be a few weeks. Not to say that will be the same in your case, but I believe that Kubota sets low expectations for backorder deliveries in order to keep you off of the dealer,.

/ New purchase and BH availability #3  
Also agree..get what you want,.

Maybe another dealer has or might get BH quicker and deal can be work out between the two dealerships.

/ New purchase and BH availability #4  
I'd buy it and wait. It may be a bit of a wait, but at least you'll get what you really want. For the meantime, ask if he will loan you a used tractor sitting on his lot that has a backhoe on it and you try to get the max amount of bh work done quickly. Then return it, do the work that you can with other implements until your BH92 arrives.

/ New purchase and BH availability #5  
I would agree with everyone else, nothing worse than being stuck with something you don't like. You can probably rent a backhoe for those "have to" projects; course you might see if your dealer will let you use one of his used units every once in a while until yours arrives.

/ New purchase and BH availability #6  
Nothing like having to wait for your toys. It's pretty tough waiting, even more so if you have stuff planned, but I'd just sit back and wait. It gives you something to look forward to.

/ New purchase and BH availability #7  
I was really set on the new BH. It will finally let you attach either a mechanical or hydraulic thumb.

Yeah that BH92 is very new. They did not even have a show-and-tell
sample at the recent World AG Expo last month.

Is the thumb capability the only difference from the BH90? Did you also
order the mechanical or hyd thumb? I assume this is for an L3240 or
other similar Grand L unit.

/ New purchase and BH availability
Good news!
Dealer just called me to let me know that Kubota will send him one.
He said he begged.
I am so excited.
I believe the differences are the ability to add a thumb, the subframe is changed to allow use with cab models and possibly curved boom, I don't know all the details. I will post pictures when it gets here but won't be for few weeks.

/ New purchase and BH availability #9  
You will be glad you have the thumb after you use it a few times ........ they are a great tool.

/ New purchase and BH availability #10  
i have the BH90x w/hyd thumb. I picked up the whole machine as you see the pic. I was just looking for a deal on a tractor and got the whole package. Owner had to liquidate his equipment quickly. Thats the only reason i got it. But i think i will like it. Can't do much with it for at least another month or two. But you're choice to get one with a hyd thumb was a good move. Didn't handle much with it before i took it off, but it's a darn nice feature to have on it. Good luck.

Attachments

• 2tractor 001.JPG
    2tractor 001.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 195