Kubota L650 backhoe attachment fair price

/ Kubota L650 backhoe attachment fair price #1  

bcarwell

Gold Member
Tractor
Kabota 7500DT
Assuming it is in reasonable condition, what would a range of fair prices be for a Kubota L650 backhoe attachment (approximately a 1988 model).

And would it fit on a B7500 Kubota (aux hydraulics I think is about 4 gallon, 2500 psi).

Would appreciate a quick reply before is gone.

Anything to look for (e.g. gotchas) ?

Thanks, Bob

/ Kubota L650 backhoe attachment fair price
Here is a picture. I have a welder, etc., so repairs can be made unless its junk. Again, what would reasonable price range be and discount by how much to account for risk cylinder is bad, etc. ?

And will it work w/ my Kubota B7500 (it was used on a B8200)

Attachments

• Kubota Backhoe.jpg
    Kubota Backhoe.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 2,431
   / Kubota L650 backhoe attachment fair price #3  
If you already have rear valves setup it should work on your 3PTH. If not your valves and getting this done may cost more than the BH.

Roughly I would offer $4-600 range for this vintage. To replace cylinder seals and other gaskets it can get spendy fast, unless you have the ability to do this yourself.

/ Kubota L650 backhoe attachment fair price #4  
......Anything to look for (e.g. gotchas) ?....
It looks dry in the picture - which could mean it's not leaking anywhere but might be due to sitting out in the weather a long time. If it has been used recently it looks good. With hydraulic machinery that's been sitting unused outside, inspect the exposed chrome piston rods for pitting corrosion (small dots that are rough to the touch) - it can be shined up but the little pits will make the seals leak. Also, check for looseness, corrosion of the control valves - same reason. Look for excessive slop in the pins & bushings - spendy to repair. Pricing for a small backhoe attachment can be all over the map. If you can get it at Carl's price range you could afford some paint on the rusted parts. If it's as tight as it looks, they may be asking more. Check out this TBN discussion from 2007. Pictures and everything.

Last edited: