What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #1  

Weather25

I am possibly buying a 2005 L39 with 658 hours for $23,695. Is this a good deal and are the hours considered low or medium? How many hours does a tractor like this usually last with typical maintenance.

Thanks,

Weather25

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #2  
I don't consider that a lot of hours, I recently bought a Grand L5030 with 735.

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #3  
Weather does that include any extra implements or any extras on the L39 I have a 06 with somewhere around 280 hours with 3rd function on the loader and quick change BH bucket I keep toying with the idea of selling it but cant seem to bring myself to part with it. I figured I would only be able to get around 24K in this economy so it looks like if I did decide to sell it should go pretty fast.

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #4  
What is "an hour on a L39" - does it represent real time or "tractor time"?
My 7610 is based on "tractor time" - unless I run it at full PTO power speed it doesn't match clock time. Since most of my use is with BH etc, at less than rated RPM I seem to accumulate about 30 to 45 minutes of "tractor time" per hour of reality.

So whether this was run at full speed or not may make a difference.

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #5  
658 hours would be VERY LOW hours...then again, it depends on maintenance...1000 hours on a non-maintained tractor could cause it self destruct. I've seen properly maintained machines that lasted well over 5 to 10k hours with minimal problems. For home use though, with an average of 100 hours a year that most of us MAYBE put on, the machine will outlive the typical homeowner.

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #6  
"For home use though, with an average of 100 hours a year that most of us MAYBE put on, the machine will outlive the typical homeowner."

At less then 1000 total hours and @ 100 hours per year, my bet is the tractor will outlive your grandkids

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39
Thank you all for your input. I drove the tractor today and mechanically it is in good shape, but aesthetically it is pretty dinged up. The paint is faded and chipped, the hood is bent, and the right rear fender is damaged. The backhoe seams to lean slightly to one side too. At $23,695 with 658 hours do you think this is a good deal or should I pass. It is from a rental outfit (Ahern Rental) that is a Kubota dealer and does keep up on their maintenance, but obviously when it is rented out not much care is taken to keep the machine visibly nice. They do have a 30 day parts and labor guarantee.

That is the cheapest price I can find on one out of all the looking I have done. Aesthetics don't bother me to much, but the only thing that bothers me is the backhoe leaning about 3" inches out of plumb. Does anyone know what would cause this?

AFISH,

I have looked around a lot and I am not sure where you are from but, $24k does not seem that bad with extra's you have mentioned. If my deal falls through is there any chance I might be able to buy yours from you?

/ What is considered low, medium and high hours on Kubota L39 #9  
Thank you all for your input. I drove the tractor today and mechanically it is in good shape, but aesthetically it is pretty dinged up. The paint is faded and chipped, the hood is bent, and the right rear fender is damaged. The backhoe seams to lean slightly to one side too. At $23,695 with 658 hours do you think this is a good deal or should I pass. It is from a rental outfit (Ahern Rental) that is a Kubota dealer and does keep up on their maintenance, but obviously when it is rented out not much care is taken to keep the machine visibly nice. They do have a 30 day parts and labor guarantee.

That is the cheapest price I can find on one out of all the looking I have done. Aesthetics don't bother me to much, but the only thing that bothers me is the backhoe leaning about 3" inches out of plumb. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Can you tell specifically which part of the backhoe is bent? Is it the boom? Is the control pedestal also sprung out of level? What about the frame parts that attach the backhoe to the tractor? Is it the tractor itself? Maybe just a low tire on one side? Maybe the backhoe was mismounted to the tractor somehow? If it's 3" out of plumb, that suggests a major kink in something that should be obvious. Unless you can pin down what is wrong and it's something minor, this is an obvious red flag about the machine.

Faded paint is not a biggie, but battle damage should tell you something about how the machine has been used/abused. The same maroons that banged it up also were using all the operational parts of the tractor with the same level of skill and care. It's probably closer to needing repairs than one that's had careful maintenance and a skillful operator.

Check out a used equipment listing service called Fastline.com. It's showing 7 L39's across the country right now. Just looking at what's there, I get the sense you can find an L39 with comparable hours and in better condition for not much more than the deal you're looking at.

I appreciate the information. I am going to look at it closer today so I will try to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks,

Weatherman