B3300 or L3400

/ B3300 or L3400 #1  

CJBOTA

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 & MX5100
I currently have a B2920 which I really like and does just about everything I need to do, but I could use just a little more tractor. If the B3200 would have been available at the time I bought my tractor I wouldn't have even blinked.
The new B3300 seems perfect for me but the L3400 is tempting. My place is 40 acres ( mostly flat ) with most of the work being done in a 15 acre orchard. I have access to a couple large tractors for heavy work, so the Kubota would be used for everyday needs. Mostly mowing and backhoe bucket work. I do a little bit of work in the woods between firewood and logging.
I really like the compactness to power ratio of the B series,. My B2920
gits r done, but one size up on the backhoe, bucket, mower, and front blade would sure be nice.
I am probably going to get the B3300 but I hope I won't regret not going to the L3400. I have been thinking about this for a week and still haven't totally decided yet. There is very little money difference. My dealer is going to give me some numbers today and I hope to make a decision soon.
If anyone is interested in my B2920 with 400 hours I can probably make them a sweet deal, otherwise it will be traded in. It has a 60"mmm, front hyd. blade, bh and fel.
So what do you think, if I get the B3300 this year will I be looking at the L3400 next year? When I started looking at tractors I couldn't figure out why there was so many models, now I know, so you can work your way up to the one you need.
cj from ohio

/ B3300 or L3400 #2  
I currently have a B2920 which I really like and does just about everything I need to do, but I could use just a little more tractor. If the B3200 would have been available at the time I bought my tractor I wouldn't have even blinked.
The new B3300 seems perfect for me but the L3400 is tempting. My place is 40 acres ( mostly flat ) with most of the work being done in a 15 acre orchard. I have access to a couple large tractors for heavy work, so the Kubota would be used for everyday needs. Mostly mowing and backhoe bucket work. I do a little bit of work in the woods between firewood and logging.
gits r done, but one size up on the backhoe, bucket, mower, and front blade would sure be nice.
I am probably going to get the B3300 but I hope I won't regret not going to the L3400. I have been thinking about this for a week and still haven't totally decided yet. There is very little money difference. My dealer is going to give me some numbers today and I hope to make a decision soon.
If anyone is interested in my B2920 with 400 hours I can probably make them a sweet deal, otherwise it will be traded in. It has a 60"mmm, front hyd. blade, bh and fel.
So what do you think, if I get the B3300 this year will I be looking at the L3400 next year? When I started looking at tractors I couldn't figure out why there was so many models, now I know, so you can work your way up to the one you need.
cj from ohio

B3300 has no mid PTO, so keep that in mind if you wanna run any implements that require it (MMM, Front Snowblower etc.) However, the B3200 does have the mid pto and is virtually the same tractor. Personally the L3400 would be a bit big for me, especially since most of my work will be mowing and light landscaping. However your needs may be different.

Hope that helps,

Dave

/ B3300 or L3400 #3  
If it were me I would go with the L3400, little bit more weight and a heavier loader. A bit more PTO HP also. 40 acres is a fair amount of land. My .02

/ B3300 or L3400 #4  
What about the mid mower? For only a couple hundred lbs difference I think you might regret spending it!

/ B3300 or L3400 #5  
What about the mid mower? For only a couple hundred lbs difference I think you might regret spending it!

I forgot about the mowing. I don't mow with my tractor so never think of that.

/ B3300 or L3400 #6  
Similar situation to your and when I went looking for a B3200 wound up with a Grand L Series after looking at the B then L3400; lots of added features.

/ B3300 or L3400 #7  
cj from ohio
Yes, yes you will. I recognize your disease. A many with a B2920 looking at buying a bit bigger B is a man that just wants to trade and is trying to justify the trade. There is so little difference between what you have and what your looking at in the B series that you can possibly believe that you believe yourself.
Now moving on. I've bought/traded 10 from Barlows in 6 years so from a fellow addict. If you want to trade..trade. Don't justify it, just do it because you want to.
I've had/have BX's, B's, F and an L.
If your going to trade and if you can't accept that your an addict and just want to trade then at least go up in size to an L. If you get a Grand L then it may stop your problem because it is a sweet machine and will be hard to trade off to get better unless you can talk yourself into a bigger HP Grand L.
B for B don't make sense even for an addict. From one addict to another addict. Even I never done that, I at least went up in size or down in size other than the time I traded a BX2350 to a BX2660 but that was because of the "issues" with the BX2350 and not to get the BX2660.
To thine own self be true.:)

/ B3300 or L3400 #8  
If you like how nimble the B2920 is and do have to fit it into smaller places the L3400 will be a big step up in size. I personally like the compact size of the B machines. Last year when I decided to move up in size I was going back and forth between an L2800 and a B7800. I decided to go with the B. Even the step from the B7510 to the B7800 makes some places feel very tight that were just fine for the smaller machine. Especially in the woods. I would hate to cut down 50 trees to get to 30 other trees for my firewood. Don't get me wrong the L3400 might be the ticket for you. It is just another thing for you to consider.

/ B3300 or L3400 #9  
I made the mistake of thinking "I'll never need a backhoe, and if I do I'll rent it for the day" which turned out to be about $400/day for a teramite 5 where I am in CT. So I bought a deere x728 with a loader and mower ... the loader does everything I want so far, the mower is nice and tractor is a dream to ride. I was almost sold on the B3200 until a dealer told me the 3300 was coming out (this was in january I think) ... didn't need it anytime soon...now that the 3300 is out ... I have an awesome mower (deere x728) so I don't care about a mmm, and if my walk behind snow blower ever goes I can get one for the deere which makes me not need a mid pto on the bigger tractor.

Bottom line, in my circumstances, the 3300 would fit me better than the 3200 although I recognise there isn't much difference between them aside from the lack of the mid pto and a slight increase in power ... the dilema is, get the mid pto for for resale value or plan to use this (3300) tractor forever and never need the mid pto and have no intention on selling. I can go either way.

/ B3300 or L3400 #10  
I made the mistake of thinking "I'll never need a backhoe, and if I do I'll rent it for the day" which turned out to be about $400/day for a teramite 5 where I am in CT. So I bought a deere x728 with a loader and mower ... the load does everything I want so far, the mower is nice and tracter is a dream to ride. I was almost sold on the B3200 until a dealer told me the 3300 was coming out (this was in january I think) ... didn't need it anytime soon...now that the 3300 is out ... I have an awesome mower (deere x728) so I don't care about a mmm, and if my walk behind snow blower ever goes I can get one for the deere which makes me not need a mid pto on the bigger tractor.

Bottom line, in my circumstances, the 3300 would fit me better than the 3200 although I recognise there isn't much difference between them aside from the lack of the mid pto and a slight increase in power ... the dilema is, get the mid pto for for resale value or plan to use this (3300) tractor forever and never need the mid pto and have no intention on selling. I can go either way.
Your already looking at trading so trade once and see how easy it is, you'll keep trading. Get the one that will give the best resale/trade in value. You know which one that is.:)