Price Check What's the right asking price for a BX2200?

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #1  

mrkirbyv

I have a BX2200, MMM, FEL purchased in 2004, 480 hours, very good condition, but kept outside. Bought a new BX2660, but the dealer is not interested in carrying used eqt. anymore, so no trade-in. What do you think is the right price for this in Northern VA? I see similar used ones listed for $9500-$10,000, but I usually sell my used cars slightly over wholesale, so figured this would be the same. 10k is more than I paid for it in '04 so it doesn't seem right to me.

Kirby...
New! BX2660
Old but reliable BX2200...

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #2  
Probably depends on how fast you want to sell it. I've seen many tractors listed on tractorhouse for month and months. Hard to beat the 0% financing that is out there now so you'll have to have a strong deal in my opinion to sell it. In the end it comes down to what you think is fair for all involved. I'm a big believer in win-win deals, so if you think 8K or 9K is fair then thats where I would start. I've sold things people said was too low but I felt good about the transaction and so did the buyer.

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #3  
I watch prices closely as a kind of night time hobby. Don't care much for TV.

What the market will bear is the final rule, of course, but based on what I've noticed, you'd have to be happy with $8600 and that won't be easy. So much of this depends on the micro economy of your area. Gotta start somewhere, but I always struggle with price it too high and no one will call. Price it too low and then folks want you to go even lower. If you decide on a bit of a lower price, to generate interest, you'll probably have to stand a little firmer at the close of the deal and not have as much room to move down. Frankly, that's my preferred methodology. I've done very well with Craigs. Best of Luck to you.

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200?
Mr. Fick, Thanks, I think we are on the same page. Dealer wouldn't even give me a wholesale price to start from. I was thinking $8500, would like to get close to that. Just didn't know if that was unreasonable in this market. Don't want to give it away either! Need to pay for part of the new one.

Kirby...

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #5  
Kirby, call me BP.

No problem. In your mind, set $7800?? and say to yourself, no way, do I go below that. Just say, Nope, cannot sell it for that. Chances are good that if it shows great, (the naysayers who don't wash or shine up their machines not withstanding) those low ball offers are either time wasters or they are serious, come back and meet you half way.

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #6  
Kirby,
Here is my story-I traded a 2000 BX 2200, FEL, MMM, immaculate condition with 1250 hours on it last year. I received $7500 from the dealership. I know that I paid $500 more for my new B2620 than I thought I should have for a cash deal, based on my research.

I know the dealership wholesaled my tractor to another dealership that deals in used tractors and ATV's. I also know one of the salesmen at the second dealership. They paid $6900 for my tractor, put it on the lot for $7750, and sold it for $7450.

Hope this helps,

Will

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #7  
try contacting your dealer and looking into the blue book price for it. since he wouldn't deal with you, the least he could do is let you know what it's worth...or you could just keep it and have 2 toys instead of one...

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #8  
A local dealer in Southern, WI has a BX2200 with 1500 hours and a 60"MMM. They are asking $6950 so with yours having lots less hrs and the FEL I would think $8500 range is very reasonable.

best of luck on your decision

Roy

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #9  
I have a BX2200, MMM, FEL purchased in 2004, 480 hours, very good condition, but kept outside. Bought a new BX2660, but the dealer is not interested in carrying used eqt. anymore, so no trade-in. What do you think is the right price for this in Northern VA? I see similar used ones listed for $9500-$10,000, but I usually sell my used cars slightly over wholesale, so figured this would be the same. 10k is more than I paid for it in '04 so it doesn't seem right to me.

Kirby...
New! BX2660
Old but reliable BX2200...

Just curious since I am a new owner of a BX 2660. If you weren't upgrading your tractor, i.e. new one only has about 4 more hp, why would you trade or buy another similar tractor when yours has less than 500 hours.? I could understand it if you went to a B model or higher.

I know some like to trade and stay current, but for me unless the BX 2660 won't fulfill my future needs, I don't intend to ever get another.

Like I said, no criticism, just wondering?

/ What's the right asking price for a BX2200? #10  
Just curious since I am a new owner of a BX 2660. If you weren't upgrading your tractor, i.e. new one only has about 4 more hp, why would you trade or buy another similar tractor when yours has less than 500 hours.? I could understand it if you went to a B model or higher.

I know some like to trade and stay current, but for me unless the BX 2660 won't fulfill my future needs, I don't intend to ever get another.

Like I said, no criticism, just wondering?
Why do a lot of people trade cars every year or three? Same reasons for tractors. I also bought a BX2200 6 years ago for my first and final forever tractor and bought my tenth Kubota last month. I see you, as I, never intend/intended to trade again but intentions change and then there's the you which is the biggest factor.