Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #1  

mdale

Hi,I'm trying to decide between getting a bx1860 or bx2360, with FEL and 54MMM for the 1860 and 60MMM for the 2360.I have just under 2 acres, with probably 1.25-1.5ac to mow with a lot of obstacles and the yard is level. It will be primarily for mowing but have dirt I want to move around, landscape projects,yard work, and want to add on to the driveway. The price difference is $1800.I've read on here that one of the main reasons to go to the Bx2360 is if I'm using the pto for a chipper, but how well will a 1860 handle a box blade for adding a driveway?How well will turf tires work for an all-around tire? If I go with the 2360 I all ready have a set for 26x12x12 bar tires. Also how does the the 54mmm and 60mmm compare in cut quality and what is the diff in the 54" susp-linkage mount vs 60" self balance mount? I take alot of pride in my yard so I want to make sure I don't tear it up.So many questions and so much money to make the wrong decision. Thanks for the help.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #2  
First let me state that the BX1860 will do all of the jobs you described quite well, but I prefer the 60" deck if it will fit between everything you need it to.

I went from a 54" to 60" deck and could hardly believe how much quicker I could mow my property and how well it trimmed under bushes and ditches.

My personal preference in tires are the R4's, but have used turf as well as bar and to me unless you are operating in mud or on soft ground there has not been a whole lot of difference.

Good luck with your shopping and the good thing is either one you pick will work well; no "wrong choice" possible.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #3  
No bad choice. Good way to put it. Since you are going with the MMM, I'd probably give a slight nod to the 2360 for the larger wheels and tires. That is trivial, perhaps, but nonetheless, the extra few horses aren't going to make an enormous difference, but still it is a 5 hp jump up. So, you get the larger wheels and 3 tire styles from which to choose, instead of just 2, option of a 60" MMM, cruise control standard, I believe, and 5 hp more on an ever so stretched frame, 2.5"-3". Your call. Have fun!!!

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #4  
Hi,I'm trying to decide between getting a bx1860 or bx2360, with FEL and 54MMM for the 1860 and 60MMM for the 2360.I have just under 2 acres, with probably 1.25-1.5ac to mow with a lot of obstacles and the yard is level. It will be primarily for mowing but have dirt I want to move around, landscape projects,yard work, and want to add on to the driveway. The price difference is $1800.I've read on here that one of the main reasons to go to the Bx2360 is if I'm using the pto for a chipper, but how well will a 1860 handle a box blade for adding a driveway?How well will turf tires work for an all-around tire? If I go with the 2360 I all ready have a set for 26x12x12 bar tires. Also how does the the 54mmm and 60mmm compare in cut quality and what is the diff in the 54" susp-linkage mount vs 60" self balance mount? I take alot of pride in my yard so I want to make sure I don't tear it up.So many questions and so much money to make the wrong decision. Thanks for the help.

Since I have one of each size i don't see where you could go wrong with either one.
I'd go with a 60 '' mower on either tractor .

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360
So what is the diff in the mounting types between the mowers? I have some rough spots in my yard and bumps (hopefully will take care of them with the FEL:) ), does the 60" have any scalping problems being that big?

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360
Also I drove a BX at the dealer and notice that when I let off the pedal in forward or revrese that the tractor keeps go and I have to tap the oppisit pedal to stop the tractor. Shouldn't it stop when I let off the pedal.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #7  
There seems to be a split in stopping too quickly and not quickly enough.

My BX2200 stopped as soon as you took your foot off the HST pedal while my BX2660 will continue a very short distance depending on you speed of course. At mowing speeds it will generally be under a foot in low range. My wife and I initially didn't like this, but have found it to be better than the shorter stops. It does stop a little quicker once it is broken in.

Now there was/is an issue with the BX2X50 being too abrupt.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #8  
Also I drove a BX at the dealer and notice that when I let off the pedal in forward or revrese that the tractor keeps go and I have to tap the oppisit pedal to stop the tractor. Shouldn't it stop when I let off the pedal.

I had a recent riding mower with an immediate reacting HST. I found it annoyingly jarring. I rather like the run on off the BXxx60 series. Since I drive a stick shift truck, it runs on, as does my automatic in my wife's car. I find it more natural. Maybe that's just me. Having had a quick stop model, I prefer not having it be so dog gone abrupt.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #9  
I to had the abrupt stopping in reverse BX and traded it for the BX2660 which does have a bit of run on but it has been no problem and much prefer over the abrupt in reverse stopper.

/ Need help between bx1860 vs bx2360 #10  
I to had the abrupt stopping in reverse BX and traded it for the BX2660 which does have a bit of run on but it has been no problem and much prefer over the abrupt in reverse stopper.

Thought it was just mine. My 1860 has a little run as well, the manual says not to have any. I was concerned, and never thought of it being a positive. Always good to learn something!!:)