I'm so confused

/ I'm so confused #1  

neilbedwell

Tractor
Kubota L2800
OK, I started another thread about buying a B2920 a couple days ago. Now, after talking to several dealers I'm so confused.

OK, like I said, I currently have a Massey Ferg TO-35 and a 60" King Kutter tiller.

I spoke with one dealer this morning and he didn't have a B2920 but offered me a B3200 with FEL for $17,300. I thought this was a good price at the time.

I called Barlow's this morning and talked with Steve Barlow. He is basically insisting that I get an L2800 over the B2920 or the B3200. He priced me the L2800 for $16,900 with FEL.

Holy Cow! $400 less than above for a bigger tractor. Now, I'm so confused. I liked the B2920 for the compact size. I didn't go for the B3200 because of the increase in price (dealer priced it at 19,900 with FEL) and it's a little bigger with little gain in HP. Now, Barlow's is offering me the L2800 for LESS than the B2920 that I priced at my closest dealer! I know the L2800 is 2 less HP than the B3200 but from what I've read it's more capable especially with the FEL and my tiller. Is this correct?

What do you guys say? I have two concerns: 1. Parking (my shed is not that big, but big enough for my Massey Ferg) and 2. Turning radius in my garden (my Massey was really too big to turn like i wanted to but it worked). How big is the L2800 compared to the B3200? I sat on the B3200 and it was nice and not horribly big, but I didn't sit on an L2800. Thanks for your help!

/ I'm so confused #2  
You need to take a breather and decide what you need a tractor for, not how big for how little. I was always in love with how much loader I could get for the money, but 75% of my use was mowing and 3pt hitch work for a york rake. I would end up looking at an L4400 and then decide it was too big and do nothing until I started looking around a few months later. In my case a 2920 was a perfect compromise and I am happy I did not go bigger because I would get far less use of the tractor than I planned on.

/ I'm so confused #3  
If you want a B series tell Brady Barlow that is what you want. If you told him what you want to do(the type of work) and his recommendation was a L2800 then I would listen, the man(Brady) knows tractors. I bought 2 from him and he did me right and his advice was nails on.

/ I'm so confused
At this point, Mr. Barlow has been the only salesman to respond to my pricing request and the deal he offered me is definitely top notch. He was also quite the nice guy to boot, so that means a lot to me. At this point I am leaning heavily toward the L2800 for the price if it is not a gigantic tractor. It will only leave my property for repair issues, so weight is not much of a factor at this point as I am hoping to never have to worry about getting it worked on.

I definitely recognize his expertise in this matter and am very much inclined to follow his recommendation. What say you guys?

/ I'm so confused #5  
At this point, Mr. Barlow has been the only salesman to respond to my pricing request and the deal he offered me is definitely top notch. He was also quite the nice guy to boot, so that means a lot to me. At this point I am leaning heavily toward the L2800 for the price if it is not a gigantic tractor. It will only leave my property for repair issues, so weight is not much of a factor at this point as I am hoping to never have to worry about getting it worked on.

I definitely recognize his expertise in this matter and am very much inclined to follow his recommendation. What say you guys?

As much as I respect Mr. Barlow, I personally wouldn't buy anything without seeing one in person; changed my mind twice after sitting on the actual tractor; specs can't tell you everything. I have sat on two equally capable tractors; loved one and didn't like the other. That is just me and freely acknowledge Mr. Barlow know WAY more about tractors than I.

/ I'm so confused #6  
I stopped in today and bought (ordered) a new Kubota from Steve Barlow. Out of 11 he has never insisted I buy any or any model. I suspect he recommended what you needed from your description and maybe money was the L. I believe he will sell you any model you want with the understanding that you understand what your buyings limits. I think when you call you have 2 options !. This is what I want how much? 2. This is what I'm considering and what I expect it to do. How much? with number one I'm convinced he'll give you a price but with number two he's going to tell you his Experience of over 40 years with tractors.
I will admit he has talked me out of a few purchases by telling me what I want to buy won't do what I want done. He usually tells me what will do the job I want done and most of the time it has been a piece of equipment I already own.
I'm not saying this is what happened to you but I suspect it with the several transactions I have had with him.

/ I'm so confused #7  
Its time to take trip to dealer..see how tractor fits you also test spin,than go w/your gut feeling...ain't it fun. ;)

/ I'm so confused #8  
As much as I respect Mr. Barlow, I personally wouldn't buy anything without seeing one in person; changed my mind twice after sitting on the actual tractor; specs can't tell you everything. I have sat on two equally capable tractors; loved one and didn't like the other. That is just me and freely acknowledge Mr. Barlow know WAY more about tractors than I.

Agreed. You have been to a local Kubota dealer and actually sat on these machines and drove them about the yard a bit? Fact sheet of turning radius stats can only tell you so much. Did you list your MF yet?;)

/ I'm so confused #9  
I stopped in today and bought (ordered) a new Kubota from Steve Barlow. Out of 11 ....

You have bought another one???????:confused2::confused2:

Oh and I agree with the others, I was convinced the B series was what I wanted/needed, but after careful consideration and sitting on both, I went with the BX. No doubt the right tractor for my needs which will be mainly mowing once I get the house finished. But, I have a strong tractor for the other occassional needs, like tilling the garden, landscaping etc.

/ I'm so confused #10  
I went from a B1750 (about the size of the B2920) to a L3010, BIG mistake, TOO big, wife didn't like large size, she felt like it could tip over she was so high, and she grew up around John Deere farm tractors, so it got sold, still trying to get a new B2920, maybe soon.