I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #1  

patricktn

Tractor
Wish
I am another one of them Lurkers, and I have a story to tell if anyone would like to hear.
I have been looking for a Compact Tractor for a few years now but could never commit as I was raising children.
I have an unusual commitment to my property. I have 30 acres in north central TN. of which about 20 acres are cleared. I do nothing with this property anymore as I do not have a Tractor. I have owned a couple before in the past and they where both older (1950 Farmall M and a MF I think w/5 ft Rotary) and A-L-O-T of maintenance. I got rid of them and let my acreage, creek gravel driveway and lawn be consumed by TN nature. Now I am going to recover my property. I have been blessed by an unfortunate series of events as my parents both passed away recently, (within a 19 months of each other), and I am to inherit some moneys.
Anyhow I have been to NH, MF, JD and of course KUBOTA. I have no doubt Kubota is the way to go for quality and value, all of you fine folks at TBN have had so much to do with it, I cannot thank you enough other than share this story.
I am on the road and away from home almost 100% of the time and get home only on the weekends if I'm able, so I need a Tractor that with correct maint will spend more time working on my property than I will spend working on my Tractor.
I spoke with my local KUBOTA dealer and he recommended a Grand 4240. But with all of my plans this is an unaffordable option.
Here is where I am asking you-alls opinion.
I do NOT intend on mowing all of my cleared twenty acres. I intend to only recover my "lawn" which is approximately 4-5 Acres. I will however purchase a Rotory Cutter in the future to create walking trails through the remaining property.
I am also going to be using a 60" MMM as my Cub Cadet Lawn Mower was on it's last leg two seasons ago.
I will also be purchasing a Box Scraper (sooner as opposed to later) to remove ruts and re-level my driveway, I will also be using my loader and B/H combination to retrieve gravel from my pan bottom stream that is on my property to fill in the voids in the drive and parking area, which are numerious. I also intend on correcting a drainage issue with the B/H. My wife wants to do gardening. I will also attempt to add decorative fence and will need a P/H auger.
I believe that the 4240 would have no problem doing any of these chores, but the cost is too much with all of my initial implements, and I believe it will be too big for my wooded areas.
Here is what I requested from Barlows.
B3200HSD w/loaded R-4's
I added the single section valve for future implenents
Rear work Light
High Capacity Alt
Deluxe Canopy
LA504 Loader w/ QA HD bucket
36" QA Pallet Fork and Frame
BH-76 w/16" bucket, Pads and 6 Pos Mech Thumb kit
60" MMM, I though abou the 72" but will need to get between trees in the orchard
and finally 2 year warranty on Tractor, Loader and Back Hoe.
Will the B3200 be able to perform all of the tasks?
If So then I will buy from Barlows if he can meet my very very low bid.

Last edited:
   / I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #2  
I am another one of them Lurkers, and I have a story to tell if anyone would like to hear.
I have been looking for a Compact Tractor for a few years now but could never commit as I was raising children.
I have an unusual commitment to my property. I have 30 acres in north central TN. of which about 20 acres are cleared. I do nothing with this property anymore as I do not have a Tractor. I have owned a couple before in the past and they where both older (1950 Farmall M and a MF I think w/5 ft Rotary) and A-L-O-T of maintenance. I got rid of them and let my acreage, creek gravel driveway and lawn be consumed by TN nature. Now I am going to recover my property. I have been blessed by an unfortunate series of events as my parents both passed away recently, (within a 19 months of each other), and I am to inherit some moneys.
Anyhow I have been to NH, MF, JD and of course KUBOTA. I have no doubt Kubota is the way to go for quality and value, all of you fine folks at TBN have had so much to do with it, I cannot thank you enough other than share this story.
I am on the road and away from home almost 100% of the time and get home only on the weekends if I'm able, so I need a Tractor that with correct maint will spend more time working on my property than I will spend working on my Tractor.
I spoke with my local KUBOTA dealer and he recommended a Grand 4240. But with all of my plans this is an unaffordable option.
Here is where I am asking you-alls opinion.
I do NOT intend on mowing all of my cleared twenty acres. I intend to only recover my "lawn" which is approximately 4-5 Acres. I will however purchase a Rotory Cutter in the future to create walking trails through the remaining property.
I am also going to be using a 60" MMM as my Cub Cadet Lawn Mower was on it's last leg two seasons ago.
I will also be purchasing a Box Scraper (sooner as opposed to later) to remove ruts and re-level my driveway, I will also be using my loader and B/H combination to retrieve gravel from my pan bottom stream that is on my property to fill in the voids in the drive and parking area, which are numerious. I also intend on correcting a drainage issue with the B/H. My wife wants to do gardening. I will also attempt to add decorative fence and will need a P/H auger.
I believe that the 4240 would have no problem doing any of these chores, but the cost is too much with all of my initial implements, and I believe it will be too big for my wooded areas.
Here is what I requested from Barlows.
B3200HSD w/loaded R-4's
I added the single section valve for future implenents
Rear work Light
High Capacity Alt
Deluxe Canopy
LA504 Loader w/ QA HD bucket
36" QA Pallet Fork and Frame
BH-76 w/16" bucket, Pads and 6 Pos Mech Thumb kit
60" MMM, I though abou the 72" but will need to get between trees in the orchard
and finally 2 year warranty on Tractor, Loader and Back Hoe.
Will the B3200 be able to perform all of the tasks?
If So then I will buy from Barlows if he can meet my very very low bid.

Hey Patrick,

Sounds like the B3200 should easily do what you are planning on doing. Not sure what your very, very, low bid was, but I can assure you that when Barlows (Brady) comes back with a price, you won't have to worry that you are being raked over the coals. Even if it doesn't meet your bid, I would consider it to be the lowest you can expect to pay for what you are looking at.

Hope it goes well !

Dave

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #3  
Didn't JohnThomas just trade in a B3200, with something like 32 hours to Barlows?

If memory serves, and that is right, you would HAVE to ask about that. :thumbsup:

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #4  
Didn't JohnThomas just trade in a B3200, with something like 32 hours to Barlows?

Can't be possible.......... no logical person would take the hit trading a tractor with 32 hrs. ;)

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #5  

If memory serves, and that is right, you would HAVE to ask about that. :thumbsup:

Can't be possible.......... no logical person would take the hit trading a tractor with 32 hrs. ;)
No one says that guy is logical.....well, actually everyone he knows says that's his strong suit is being logical, except with Kubotas and cars. Then those that get to see the actual dollar figures after all info is added decide he is logical. There is some times different factors to consider in each persons financial and tax situations.
He actually did and at last information Barlows still has it along wth a PHD and Landpride 6' mowing deck

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #6  
My recommendation would have also been a Grand L, maybe not the 4240, but bigger than the 3200. I can sure understand the financial situation and if you have the cash you might consider a good used unit.

I'm not saying the 3200 won't do it, I just think something a little bigger with more features would work better with your limited time available.

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #7  
Brady has been under the weather the last few days so if he doesn't get right back to you give him a couple of days.

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #8  
Brady has been under the weather the last few days so if he doesn't get right back to you give him a couple of days.

Hmm, sorry to hear that. Anything serious ? Or just stuff the kids dragged in. :drool:

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD
I'm sorry for the delay in response to all posts to date.
I have been working on a mountain in a rainforest in Puerto Rico. I have been tired when I get back to the Hotel.
Anyhow, Brady replied to what I though was an extreme low offer, He was within 500$, WOW! I haven't talked with him yet because I might go with a bigger Machine. I was thinking or the L3940 w/o a BH. Maybe purchase a BH at a later time.
I believe that the ability to have more hydrolics available with the L3940 is a good thing.
As far as I can tell the B3200 dosen't allow for draft control/Top & Tilt. Maybe I will never use them but what if?
Thanks I will let you all know what Brady thinks about my indecision.

/ I just sent my offer to Barlows for a B3200HSD #10  
Thanks I will let you all know what Brady thinks about my indecision.

He can most likely suggest the perfect tractor for you to work on a mountain in a rainforest in Puerto Rico. :)