B7100HSD w/1630 loader

/ B7100HSD w/1630 loader #1  

brain55

Veteran Member
I'm being given this tractor by a customer of mine. It has sat for a few years so it needs stuff replaced that you would expect. Tires, hoses, seat, battery, etc. It also needs bevel case seals and a good washing and servicing. It looks like I'm going to have about $1600 in parts, my cost, and roughly 10-12 hours in labor to put it back into good operating condition.

Right now I'm torn between doing the fast turn to a buddy for the cost of the parts, plus $1000 for my time and energy, or advertising it and trying to get $4000+ for it. I could use the money right now, going on vacation in 2 weeks, plus I have a slight lull before my business advertising kicks in, so I have the time too. But, making $2000+ if I'm patient is appealing too.

What do you guys think it is worth, and what would you do?

Brian

/ B7100HSD w/1630 loader #2  
What the year?
Can you post coupe of pics?

If you wish not to spend labor hours also dollars I would still give it a good cleaning.

/ B7100HSD w/1630 loader
Why does everyone get so hung up on the year? The fact that it is a B7100 with a hydrostat and a 1630 loader, along with the 53*** s/n puts it at approximately mid to late 80's. It has 2050 hrs. When I put a battery in it, it fired right up, you would never had known it had been sitting for years. There is no choice on spending the money or labor on it. The tires are flat, sun baked, and cracked. When I went to operate the loader, the hoses coming out of the loader valve leaked like crazy and all the rest are equally cracked. The seat virtually has no cover or padding and of course I would pressure wash it before selling it. The bevel case seals are obviously leaking even with it sitting for as long as it has been they are wet with gear oil. There is a reason this tractor is being given to me for free, because without the repairs it is worth nothing. I will try to post pictures this weekend. I wanted to take before and after pics anyway.

Brian

/ B7100HSD w/1630 loader #4  
I would love to find a deal like this in Southern California. Seems like all the 7100 with loaders go for more than $4,000 here.

BRK