Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #1  

Bulldogger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9540, FORD 1920, Bobcat S300
Well after owning Ford/New Holland exclusively since the 1983 I finally changed color. I just traded in my NH TN75D with cab for a Kubota M9540HDC with cab, 4x4, 3 remotes on back, and 3rd function on the loader. I hope I made a good choice I have never owned a Kubota before. It was between Kubota and John Deere. I went with the Kubota because my dealer that I have been dealing with for the last 15 years sales Kubota and New Holland. I have got excellent service from them and that was the deciding factor with going with Kubota. I should take delivery the week. I can't wait to get it in the hay field.

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #2  
I really hope it works out well for you. I have had great results with Kubota.

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #3  
Congratulations on your new tractor.

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #4  
Congrats on your new investment. :)
Looking forward to pics. ;)

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #5  
^^^^ Like that guy said...... congrats, and post us some pics when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #6  
Let us know how you like that M9540. I've been kickin' the tires on the same model. Did you get the 'Dual-Speed' transmission? I'm still a bit foggy on how that works.

I hear they're good on fuel. Would like to know what burn rate you experience.

I'm sorta a 'blue-to-orange' guy myself, though it was several years ago. Haven't been sorry.
Bob

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #7  
On the M9540, the "Dual Speed" comes with the 12-Speed Hydraulic Shuttle with CAB. I almost opted for the M9540 (instead of the M8540) because of the Dual Speed... until I found out it was only offered on the CAB model. I wanted and needed ROPS.

I have seen them. There is a button (or is it two buttons up/down) on the main gear shift. After you have chosen your hi/low range and main gear, while underway you can up/down shift on the fly. Guess it is another split/half-gear change? Sounds helpfull when using ground-engaging implements out in the fields.

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors #8  
I didn't get the rational for going w/ Kubota over NH. Some reports said NH had dropped various dealers - e.g. Dodge and GM.

(I'm looking at a little upgrade in the future - not to the M9540HDC level though) A neighbors TN 65 looks stout and wide. Your thoughts?

(we have a Kubota L 4310 HST that has worked fine - need larger loader capacity).

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors
On the M9540, the "Dual Speed" comes with the 12-Speed Hydraulic Shuttle with CAB. I almost opted for the M9540 (instead of the M8540) because of the Dual Speed... until I found out it was only offered on the CAB model. I wanted and needed ROPS.

I have seen them. There is a button (or is it two buttons up/down) on the main gear shift. After you have chosen your hi/low range and main gear, while underway you can up/down shift on the fly. Guess it is another split/half-gear change? Sounds helpfull when using ground-engaging implements out in the fields.

I don't think the one I am getting has dual speed. I am prettyt sure it only has the high/low shifter and the 6 gears of the main shfter and the hydraulic shuttle shifter.

/ Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors
I didn't get the rational for going w/ Kubota over NH. Some reports said NH had dropped various dealers - e.g. Dodge and GM.

The last two NH tractors I have bought new have given me trouble. First was a 1997 5030 and it had to be split and the pto clutch pack replaced at only 150 hours. The 2000 TN75D has had numerous AC problems and the only window that opens is the back window and it gets really hot when the AC is not working. Then it had to be split and the clutch raplaced at about 400 hours. The it had to be split again because there was a leak in one of the seals. I have probably spent 8K-10K on the TN about the cost of the tractor. That is not counting normal maintaince work.

I just think it is time to change to a different manufacture. I was looking at John Deere and Kubota. I think both are good tractors I just liked the Kubota a little better and the dealer has given me outstanding service.

Most all the NH dealers around here do not stock many NH tractors. They usually carry another line and have more of the other brand on the lot. My dealer said he was selling more Kubota than NH. I have saw the decline in NH tractors being stock for the last few years around here.

I'm looking at a little upgrade in the future - not to the M9540HDC level though) A neighbors TN 65 looks stout and wide. Your thoughts?

The TN's have a pretty short wheel base. So if you do a lot of front loader work the back end will get light. I have almost flipped mine a couple of times when I have had heavy loads on the front loader. The TN has been a pretty good tractor overall if I hasd not had so many problems with mine. I guess I got a lemon.