M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy!

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy! #1  

lengleng

Besides the hydraulic shuttle or sync shuttle, 4x4 or 2x4, ag or industrial tires, cab or no cab, is there anything else to watch for as far as a "cheaper" version of this tractor? Had a dealer say something about a S series that can have the good features but miss things like arm rests on seat ect. Seems like they were full of BS but I need to know ASAP.

I am considering pulling the trigger (so to speak) tomorrow on my first Kubota which will be a M7040 with a 1153 loader, 4x4, hydraluic shuttle, ag tires, no cab, regular wheels filled with antifreeze.

Anything else I should look for?

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy! #2  
There is an M7040SUD that has these less expensive features in the mechanical shuttle version.

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy!
Thanks for the quick reply.
As I am searching for this info online I seen a bunch listed on tractorhouse..
HD, DT, HD-F,..... and now SUD
Any help with all of these?

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy! #4  
The M7040 and M7040 SU are two completely different models -- although somewhat similar.

Look here for the M lineup: Kubota Tractor Corporation - M Series - Utility/Ag Tractors and Specialty/Ag Tractors

The M7040 SU is listed under "special utility" Kubota Tractor Corporation - Tractors | M Series | M5640SU/M7040SU

The M7040 is listed under "deluxe utility" Kubota Tractor Corporation - Tractors | M Series | M40 Series M5040/M6040/M7040/M8540/M9540

You should take a look at the specs on the links I gave you to make sure you are getting what you want. Among other things, the transmission is a big downgrade (in my opinion) in the "SU" series.

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy! #5  
Thanks for the quick reply.
As I am searching for this info online I seen a bunch listed on tractorhouse..
HD, DT, HD-F,..... and now SUD
Any help with all of these?

Go here: Kubota Tractor Corporation - Prior Product - MSeries and click on the "Glossary" button...

HD is Hydraulic shuttle 4wd (no applicable in SUD)
DT is 4wd
Looks like HD-F is Hydraulic Shuttle 2wd

This glossary is probably somewhat outdated...

SU / SUD are the special utility and special utility "deluxe?" version.

An M7040HD is an M7040 with hydraulic shuttle. M7040HDC is same with cab. Both 4wd.

Thanks for the help again. And thanks for the links. Good info.

DT stands for dual traction?? Does that mean it has a diff lock?

I am going to drive you guys nuts....
I also noticed there are some with a turbo and some without?
I stopped by one local dealer and he said his 6040s and 7040s have a turbo. The brochure he gave me says no. I guess some do and some dont?

/ M7040 Variations? Getting ready to buy! #9  
DT stands for dual traction?? Does that mean it has a diff lock?

No, it is Kubota's fancy way of saying 4wd (MFWD).

I believe the M7040 has a limited slip on their front diff. The rear diff (on most/all) have locks.

I just spent a TON of time researching the whole M50/60/70/85/95 line over the past 6 months... in case you are wondering.

Yeah I can tell.
Thanks for sharing that knowledge.
Im getting there but now yet. I just want to know exactly what I am getting for my money, so it helps to be knowledgeable.