#5 cork /plug

/ #5 cork /plug #1  

shrekbelly

Silver Member
ok guys,

i'll bite, where can buy a #5 cork plug so i can check my hydro screen?

shrekbelly

/ #5 cork /plug #2  
Dunno. Got mine for free from a friend. They gotta be from some kind of wine bottle, somewhere. The thing is an inch in diameter. I tapered it with a razor utility knife. Perfect.

If I struck out at my local hardware for either rubber or cork, I'd actually go to a wine shop. Oft times the clerks will help you out. With or without a purchase of the bottle. They sometimes have a collection of corks.

/ #5 cork /plug #3  
Dunno. Got mine for free from a friend. They gotta be from some kind of wine bottle, somewhere. The thing is an inch in diameter. I tapered it with a razor utility knife. Perfect.

If I struck out at my local hardware for either rubber or cork, I'd actually go to a wine shop. Oft times the clerks will help you out. With or without a purchase of the bottle. They sometimes have a collection of corks.
Be sure and get the inch one. 3/4" is not enough even wrapped in black tape.:)

/ #5 cork /plug #4  
A cork from a champagne bottle or some other bubbly, even if non alcoholic, should do the trick.

/ #5 cork /plug #5  
We have a bunch of rubber stoppers at work.

There is a size chart here:

Rubber Stopper Size Chart

Tell me what you need and if we have that size I'll send you one.

/ #5 cork /plug #6  
ok guys,

i'll bite, where can buy a #5 cork plug so i can check my hydro screen?

shrekbelly

If you think your oil is dirty enough to check the screen then it is time to change oil anyway. Just my 2$:)

/ #5 cork /plug #7  
If you can find a homebrew supply store, they stock what you are looking for.
-Jay

/ #5 cork /plug #8  
Hi Shrekbelly,
Go to widgetco.com, they will have all the stoppers/plugs you need. In rubber or cork. Buy a few extras for your friends!

Raymond Jordan
BX 25

/ #5 cork /plug #9  
Lowes or Home Depot in the hardware bins, they carry a variety of rubber stoppers. Tractor Supply may also have them.

/ #5 cork /plug #10  
Most hardware stores carry rubber corks in a divided drawer like their bolts and screws. Ask an experienced clerk as I have found some do not know what or where they are displayed. :D