Current Incentives?

/ Current Incentives? #1  

robertwhite

Silver Member
If I am reading correctly, if I was to purchase a new "L" series tractor and FEL, I would be entitled to 2 incentives, correct?

This link......... Finance Customer Rebates shows a $1,000 "Customer Instant Rebate" for buying the tractor and a $500 package rebate because I would purchase the tractor AND the FEL.

If that is the case, it just made my purchase quandry of Kubota vs. Bobcat a lot easier. I really like the Cat as it is much more "user friendly", but the closest dealer is 2.5hrs away. The closest Orange dealer is 10 minutes away.

ETA: I would be paying with cash, so the $1K still applies.

/ Current Incentives?
No one knows????????????

Any dealers care to clear up the answer?

/ Current Incentives? #3  
It appears to read that way but check with your dealer to be sure, it sure helps in the decision making! Also consider that the Kubota will probably have a better resale/trade value down the road if you decide to do so.

Curt

/ Current Incentives? #4  
The loader rebate is deducted from dealer cost at the time of sale, and is available with cash or 0% financing. The rebate for the tractor is ONLY available with a cash deal or standard rate financing (not 0%). Hope this helps!

/ Current Incentives?
The loader rebate is deducted from dealer cost at the time of sale, and is available with cash or 0% financing. The rebate for the tractor is ONLY available with a cash deal or standard rate financing (not 0%). Hope this helps!

So I guess I would qualify for both! $1500 off instantly is nice, then add the dealer discount (12% or more) and you can get a Grand L for just over $21K :thumbsup:

/ Current Incentives? #6  
So I guess I would qualify for both! $1500 off instantly is nice, then add the dealer discount (12% or more) and you can get a Grand L for just over $21K :thumbsup:

Yeah, but only if you pay cash. If you have to finance the deal, you have to find an interest rate of 1.8% to break even. (1.8% on 21K costs you $1000 in interest.) If you have to finance and your rate is more than 1.8%, you are losing money.

Me, I would do the 0% and only get the $500 package CIR.

Now, even if you have the cash, we could talk about taking the 0% and investing the rest... but you get the idea...

/ Current Incentives? #7  
If someone is giving me a rebate, refund, any incentive at all to purchase their product over a competitor's, I know way deep down inside that they are not doing it because I am a good guy and they love me.

They are doing it because they know more about the market and their product than I do, and there is a reason. Could be as simple and benign as an advertising gimmick, or it could be that they know something about the relative value of their product vs. the competition.

Look this gift horse in the mouth long and hard before taking him home...

/ Current Incentives? #8  
If someone is giving me a rebate, refund, any incentive at all to purchase their product over a competitor's, I know way deep down inside that they are not doing it because I am a good guy and they love me.

They are doing it because they know more about the market and their product than I do, and there is a reason. Could be as simple and benign as an advertising gimmick, or it could be that they know something about the relative value of their product vs. the competition.

Strange idea but as long as your happy with it, OK. Seems you won't buy from anyone offering a rebate. Odd. Guess sellers don't plan on a guy like you in the market. Course they could be removing rebates from time to time for you guys.:):)

/ Current Incentives? #9  

I understand the skepticism, but I don't understand your point. Are you saying you will get a better deal WITHOUT the incentives? The market is real competitive because of the economy. Dealers are offering incentives to help sway you toward their brand. This is a plus-plus for buyers right now.

Taking advantage of low interest rates and/or customer "cash" incentives is NOT screwing the customer...

/ Current Incentives? #10  
I understand the skepticism, but I don't understand your point. Are you saying you will get a better deal WITHOUT the incentives?

What I am saying is research what you really want, and don't be swayed by an incentive. If you get one, that is great, but if you choose an inferior machine due to an incentive program, you will regret that choice for years.