New M7040 on the way!

/ New M7040 on the way! #1  

sandtuck

Tractor
Kubota M7040 MFWD, FEL, Hydraulic Shuttle and John Deere x300 mower
Well I bit the bullet and signed the papers on a new M7040 4WD, Hydraulic Shuttle with FEL and canopy today. Looked at JD 5065M and a couple of Mahindras, but couldn't help but keep coming back to the Kubota. Being delivered Friday just in time to play, uh work with it all July 4th weekend.
The comments on this board sure helped with the decision.

/ New M7040 on the way! #2  
Congratulations, I am doing a little preliminary research on that tractor myself to replace one of my older, more unreliable tractors.

/ New M7040 on the way! #3  
Yes, it is a nice tractor. In my 200+ hours since October it has done everything asked of it. Some quirks but nothing serious. It is a tractor after all - not a Lexus.

/ New M7040 on the way! #4  
Yes, it is a nice tractor. In my 200+ hours since October it has done everything asked of it. Some quirks but nothing serious. It is a tractor after all - not a Lexus.

It is kind of the Lexus of tractors!

/ New M7040 on the way! #5  

What quirks have you had? I am looking to get rid of quirks, problems...

/ New M7040 on the way! #6  
I've put 80 hours on my M7040 since last May with no issues to date. Mostly plowing with a 3X16 plow, discing with a 14' disk, and mowing 20 acres of hay. So pretty solid farm use with equipment sized right for this tractor.

I did the 50 hour service myself and only down side was finding a 12" long by 1/8" wide piece of gasket material in the HST filter housing. The dealer mechanic thought it was just a piece of flash left over from when the factory sealed things up in the housings. I put another 30 hours on it since then with no ill effects.

/ New M7040 on the way! #7  
What quirks have you had? I am looking to get rid of quirks, problems...

There have been some issues with the hydraulic shuttle shift. Others have posted about it as well. Grabbing, jerking, and not being as smooth as expected.

The second clutch, the foot pedal, is a manual one that doesn't slip well. It will suddenly grab. Not so good when doing delicate positioning or placing a steady tension on an object.

The hydraulic pump growls a bit on start up and when cold. No malfunctions however.

Search the Kubota forum for "M7040" and you will see other points discussed. (Note: unfortunately all of my posts have a signature with M7040 so they show up. You may want to refine the search with "problems", "issues", or whatever added to the end of the tractor model.)

/ New M7040 on the way! #8  
There have been some issues with the hydraulic shuttle shift. Others have posted about it as well. Grabbing, jerking, and not being as smooth as expected.

The second clutch, the foot pedal, is a manual one that doesn't slip well. It will suddenly grab. Not so good when doing delicate positioning or placing a steady tension on an object.

The hydraulic pump growls a bit on start up and when cold. No malfunctions however.

Search the Kubota forum for "M7040" and you will see other points discussed. (Note: unfortunately all of my posts have a signature with M7040 so they show up. You may want to refine the search with "problems", "issues", or whatever added to the end of the tractor model.)

Thanks, sounds like I might want to reconsider getting one.

/ New M7040 on the way! #9  
Almost 500 hours here and really the only problem I have had was a steering cylinder leaked.

/ New M7040 on the way! #10  
700 plus hours and only one leaky hydraulic hose has been the extent of problems with ours. Solid unit.