Thanks to forum - just bought B2710

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #1  

Anonymous Poster

A couple of months ago my wife and moved to Volcano in the Sierra foothills. We have 48 acres of mostly timberland, a long dirt/gravel driveway and some pastures for my wife's 4 horses.

We'll bring in the big equipment (and guys to run it) for big things like timber harvests, but we needed a tractor for the smaller projects around the house. Right now we need to clear an acre for the horses, sink 12" posts for our hay storage shed and chip up lots of slash from a previous timber harvest (as well as our own clearing).

I bought Muhammad's book and have been hanging out in the tractor forums for a month or so. With this help I went looking for a tractor. I tried several dealers and really hit it off with a sales guy at a Kubota dealer in Stockton. He knew our terrain pretty well, and had useful suggestions. I drove drove a 2710 HST, 3010 HST and 3010 GST back to back. I ended up with the 2710 with LA402 loader, a Gearmore 60" GBS box blade, a GME 18P chipper and Danuser PTO digger.

I've only had the tractor for a weekend, and the chipper and digger are still on order. But so far I couldn't be happier. I was a little worried about getting the smaller tractor (2710 vs 3010), but for my application it's the perfect choice. The smaller tractor works in the tight spaces around the trees, but it pulls the box blade just fine, it is plenty big enough.

And I'm sure glad I got the HST! I'm a weekend work guy, so mastering a GST on my terrain would be some work.

Anyway, thanks to all the folks who post on the forum - it really helped me out.

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #2  
Welcome and congrats on the new tractor! I have the same model and love it. The power it has is just amazing! Just take it slow the first few weeks and get use to how it works, and most of all have fun!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #3  
My 2710 has done all that I have asked of it. Sometimes bigger would be good, but the 2710 fits better
between the grapes, through smaller gates, etc.
And so far, power has not been a problem. Enjoy the machine, I sure do.

PR

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #4  
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new machine. We have your little brother, a B7500 and love it.

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #5  
You'll enjoy that 2710. I've enjoyed mine for nearly 400 hours so far.

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #6  
Mblevins
Congrats on the new tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The 27-2910 series tractors are great tractors. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #7  
welcome to the foum> and glad u are so pleased with the 2710. i have a 2400 and love it. i am sure there will be times u wish u had a MUCH larger tractor. but the smart thing is to buy what is good for u 90% of the time. seems like u did your homework and all should work out fine. just be slow and easy till u get used to it and always be safe.

/ Thanks to forum - just bought B2710 #8  
Ain't tractoring great/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. Congrats, be safe and have fun, I know I love my B-7500.