B3200 with RFM is going

/ B3200 with RFM is going #1  

prentp

Tractor
BX2230
I've decided to get rid of the B3200 with RFM and go to a B2920 with MMM. I figured I would share my expieriences.

The Good
Great tractor for loader work
Plenty of HP

The Bad
Keep checking for bolts that have vibrated loose, I lost 4 bolts before I learned that habit
Keep blowing ignition fuses when I hit bumps. Problem with safety switch in seat.
The 72" RFM is heavy for the B3200. I'm have to mow with the loader on for ballast
RFM isn't giving me as nice of a cut as a MMM was.
Lawn torn up by tires due to the weight of RFM swinging around on turns

I would get a MMM for the B3200 but my back really isn't good enough. The drive over decks are a very nice option.

/ B3200 with RFM is going #2  
Which bolts did you loose?

/ B3200 with RFM is going
Bolts that held the front plastic cover under the hood are the main ones. Now that I have retightened them a couple times they seem to be staying tight.

I also forgot one other problem I have and that is I am now the only one in my house that can mow using an RFM. Needless to say when I get busy at work my lawn can go a while before it gets mowed.

/ B3200 with RFM is going #4  
I've decided to get rid of the B3200 with RFM and go to a B2920 with MMM. I figured I would share my expieriences.

The Good
Great tractor for loader work
Plenty of HP

The Bad
Keep checking for bolts that have vibrated loose, I lost 4 bolts before I learned that habit

use nylock nuts and fine threaded bolts

Keep blowing ignition fuses when I hit bumps. Problem with safety switch in seat.

How fast are you moving forward when mowing?-did they replace the switch for you? I am just curious

The 72" RFM is heavy for the B3200. I'm have to mow with the loader on for ballast.

Do you have a grill guard that you can attach suitcase weights to add ballast?

I take it you do not have loaded tires?

RFM isn't giving me as nice of a cut as a MMM was.

not having a full width roller to add weight it bounces much more and if you are traveling faster it will cut poorly because the the mower only has so many inches of cutting edge per blade vesus a flail mower with full width cuttting edge.

Lawn torn up by tires due to the weight of RFM swinging around on turns

if you mow in a circle that wont happen and you will avoid having to turn and brake constantly and the mower is smply reacting to the tractors rurning where with a flail mower the full width roller does not do that.

I would get a MMM for the B3200 but my back really isn't good enough. The drive over decks are a very nice option.

Same issues and a lot more cleaning and work changing blades than with any flail mower.

I would sell the RFM and buy a 60 inch Caroni flail mower with four rows of knives frrom agrisupply rather than give the B3200 up for sale as it the flail mower will be much less trouble and be smaller in overall length.

Your larger mower is simply reacting to the physics invovled with a wider mower and reacting accordingly.

If you do not raise the cutting height and or operate at a slower speed OR mow in a circle you will continue to have issues.

The grass looks better when you mow in a circle and recovers sooner.

They should not have sold you a wider mower than the full wheel width of the B3200 due to flexing of the mower deck and scalping issues as well as the tires rutting the lawn because of the above issues.

/ B3200 with RFM is going #5  
Same issues and a lot more cleaning and work changing blades than with any flail mower.

I would sell the RFM and buy a 60 inch Caroni flail mower with four rows of knives frrom agrisupply rather than give the B3200 up for sale as it the flail mower will be much less trouble and be smaller in overall length.

Your larger mower is simply reacting to the physics invovled with a wider mower and reacting accordingly.

If you do not raise the cutting height and or operate at a slower speed OR mow in a circle you will continue to have issues.

The grass looks better when you mow in a circle and recovers sooner.

They should not have sold you a wider mower than the full wheel width of the B3200 due to flexing of the mower deck and scalping issues as well as the tires rutting the lawn because of the above issues.

Yeah, but he would still be the only one who can use it.

/ B3200 with RFM is going #6  
Hello Triple R,

true but I was unsure if he was referring to underage rug rats
or if the spouse does not mow etc. The B3200 is a hydro isn't it?

leonz

I forgot the detail. It is the wife and/or teenage boys that are unable/unwilling to mow with the RFM.

If I add the extra money I would have purchased a JD 3320 with drive over autoconnect deck, but that machine was just too expensive.

/ B3200 with RFM is going #8  
Hello Triple R,

true but I was unsure if he was referring to underage rug rats
or if the spouse does not mow etc. The B3200 is a hydro isn't it?

leonz

Yep, always a consideration. I am easing my wife into using rear attachments. So far she is just driving around on my 5030. I am going to try her on "her" BX2660 and rotary cutter as soon as we can get caught up.

I ended up just trading the RFM for a 72" MMM. The dealer came and got my tractor and I should have it back in a few days with the MMM mower.

They also believe they found my blown ignition fuse issue. It was in the wiring for the saftey switches under the seat

/ B3200 with RFM is going #10  
Just ordered the same set up - Hope you are happy with it. I am guessing you aren't finding the vibrations that bad on the 3200 or you wouldn't be keeping it??