Finish Mower for Kubota B7100

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #1  

ojaikubota

We need a finish mower for our old faithful B7100 for mowing weeds at the back of our horse field. No idea where to start or what to look for. Any help or advice greaty appreciated thanks!

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #2  
Do you need a finish mower or rotary cutter? Mowing the weeds is why I ask? Ken Sweet

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #3  
We need a finish mower for our old faithful B7100 for mowing weeds at the back of our horse field. No idea where to start or what to look for. Any help or advice greaty appreciated thanks!

=================================================

About mowers,

It is no secret around here I like flail mowers and Pronovost snow blowers.

The flail mower is safer than a finish mower due to its method of cutting grass and heavy brush as it cuts the grass vertically ( which is referred to as verticutting.

The flail mower has a full width cutting system where each knife blade overlaps the other following behind it and the knives cutting edges are greater in total length than any finish mowers cutting edge and the full width of the mower is used to cut grass and brush versus a finish mower for the following reasons.

(A finish has only a limited amount of cutting edge available to cut grass on one side of the blade. The finish mower blade will impact an object and turn it in to a missle that can injure or kill someone or cause property damage.)

My second cousin nearly killed his daughter because of a leg wound with his belly mounted finish mower a few years ago.

My neighbor loves to run his brush hog and throw junk, a few years ago his mowing contractor was clearing his property and he hit something and it broke my south garage window and the field mower was 200 feet away.

The three point hitch caroni flail mower lifts the grass and brush up and over the rotor under the mower hood and throws it back down on the ground and the grass or brush is cut very fine, and the slower you mower the better the cut and
the cuttings are very small. The flail mower has a full width rear roller to allow full ground contact and is used to maintain the mower heighth of cut and the flail mower will suction the cuttings and recut them to make very very fine mulch even with brush.

A three point hitch mounted Caroni flail mower from Agrisupply will cost you much less money and they have an internet special price with freight charges included in the price with delivery to your door or less expensive if purchased in one of their retail outlets.

Please look in the implement section of the web page here and you will see my response from tonight about flail mowers to another poster looking for a field
field mower.

A flail mower allows you to mow safely with pedestrians and animals nearby with much less risk to persons and property.

You can do a search on the web page here about flail mowers and you will see a lot of happy flail mower owners and happp caroni flail mower owners with rug rats and animals and close quarter mowing.

The agri supply folks have parts in stock at all times and you can buy knives very economically compared to finish mowers from them or other sources.

They are easy to sharpen I am still using many of the 30 year old knives I have with new ones that I bought 18 years ago and kept for spares.

A 48 inch flail mower with 4 rows of knives will cost you $1189.95 frieght included in the price to your door or purchased for $900.00 +tax in store

I will admit I am lazy and I will buy a tool that I will never have to worry about and have done it with the flail mower as it is easy to use and I dont have to worry about the blades or cleaning it either or having the frame become twisted or bending and braking mower blades either.,

My nutcase brother just had to have his belly mower repaired and welded a third time and his blades broke in half and had to be replaced all because he would not buy a flail mower with his rough ground from Agrisupply.

My thoughts anyway

leonz

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #4  
You would have to be lucky to find a belly mower for that tractor. Going with a 3pt hitch mower, you are looking at a 4' finish mower or a 42-48" bush hog. Watch your local classifieds, Criag's list, etc, and you should be able to find a decent unit between $400-$600.

Will

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #5  
:cool:I have one but not sure if I want to get rid of it. I still have the tractor also.

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #6  
I saw 2 Kubotas on my way home today, for sale, at the same place. One was a B6100E with a rear finish mower, for $3200, and the other was a B8200 4 wheel drive, with a backhoe and front end loader for $4500. Dont know if these are good prices or not. I didnt check the hours on them, but the little B6100E was pretty clean looking. :cool:

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #7  
Do you want to see the belly mower you have (RC 60 71 H)? I live in Louisiana and have the "old style" b 7100 and interested in buying a mid-mount mower in lieu of a finish mower.

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #8  
I meant sell not see.

/ Finish Mower for Kubota B7100 #9  
I have a Woods RM48 Finish mower for my B7100.. We had a flail at one time but the B7100 doesnt have an over riding clutch so the momentum would push the tractor about 3 feet.. I am REALLY pleased with the Woods mower.. We have had it for probably 30 years now.. Just had to replace the belt about once every 3 or 4 years.. And i think we have had to replace a bearing or two.. Other than that it cuts REALLY nice.. Flails tent to leave streaks it the blades aren's all perfectly inline with each other (and keep in mind how many blades are on a flail) as opposed to three on a finish..

Just telling you what my conclusion on it would be.. Good luck..