Buying New M8540

/ Buying New M8540 #1  

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
We will be writing the check on a new M8540 today to replace our Case CX80.

It is a cabbed model with Hydraulic Shuttle Shift 12F/12R with 1353 FEL and 7' bucket, two rear remotes, 12.4-24 Front and 18.4-30 Rear Ag tires loaded with windshield wiper fluid, and suspension seat. I would like to have had cast wheels, but we can't wait as we need a replacement now, actually yesterday.

/ Buying New M8540 #2  
Congratulations. I know you will like it. Lets see some pictures when you get it.

/ Buying New M8540
It is to be delivered tentatively next week and I will be waiting camera in hand.

The economic downturn is apparently not hitting tractor dealers as my dealer is having a hard time keeping up with prep and delivery.

/ Buying New M8540 #4  
The economic downturn is apparently not hitting tractor dealers as my dealer is having a hard time keeping up with prep and delivery.
Let's hope it's not because he had to lay off a lot of prep and delivery guys! :eek: ;)

Few things are more exciting than a new tractor! Couldn't help but notice your decision/buying saga, so I'm glad to see the payoff and looking forward to those pics and hearing more about it! :thumbsup: Congratulations

/ Buying New M8540
Let's hope it's not because he had to lay off a lot of prep and delivery guys! :eek: ;)

Few things are more exciting than a new tractor! Couldn't help but notice your decision/buying saga, so I'm glad to see the payoff and looking forward to those pics and hearing more about it! :thumbsup: Congratulations

When buying a tractor, I usually do months of research and crawl on and off lots of tractors, but I couldn't do it this time. I have been getting my CX80 worked on for the last three months hoping to be able to delay or avoid buying another tractor. After spending another week sweating my behind off and the tractor constantly over heating, crawling off one tractor and onto another, it just got to be too much. Surprisingly, my wife and brother in law convinced me to just give up and get a new one.

Thanks to several TBN members who had done lots of research, I was able to make what I believe to be a good decision.

/ Buying New M8540 #6  
triple r: as i recall, you have a 7040? if so, you'll notice a big diff w/the 8540...good move on the 12 sp., a heavier duty tranny & more rear lift capacity. really like the transmission lock e brake, a lot more positive safety feature than the ratchet type. anyway, u'll like it & enjoy the honeymoon. bb

/ Buying New M8540
triple r: as i recall, you have a 7040? if so, you'll notice a big diff w/the 8540...good move on the 12 sp., a heavier duty tranny & more rear lift capacity. really like the transmission lock e brake, a lot more positive safety feature than the ratchet type. anyway, u'll like it & enjoy the honeymoon. bb

Actually, I own an L5030 among others and was initially thinking about the M7040 to replace my Case CX80, but in researching and with the help of Rjkobbmen, Bulldogger, Bake321, and Builder (probably leaving someone out) I decided I wanted to go with the M8540 instead for all of the reasons mentioned.

It is not exactly what I wanted, but I need a tractor NOW; usually buy in the off season.

/ Buying New M8540 #8  
Good for you! It sounds like you and your family have plenty to say grace over at your place, and don't have the time or inclination to put off the inevitable.

/ Buying New M8540
Good for you! It sounds like you and your family have plenty to say grace over at your place, and don't have the time or inclination to put off the inevitable.

Thanks, I really hate to spend money and tried to keep the CX80 going, but it was a losing battle and about wore me out with the heat and such. My sons are trying to get a business going and we are all short of time with too much to keep track of; not complaining though as we are darn lucky to have it all.

/ Buying New M8540 #10  

Agreed! The extra size weight and capacities make a big difference between these two models. The M7040 we have does a great job for what we bought it for and likewise the M8540 is filling the bill quite nicely for its list of duties - the bigger stuff! :)