Do Tractors Have Titles???

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #11  
So a stolen tractor it seems would be much harder to find, no registration to file, and probably just as hard to prove ownership of, unless you know the SN. I wonder how many on the list have their SN written down somewhere in case of loss?

I do, having retained my bills of sale and providing the SNs of insured items to my insurance company.

Also, I started recording the SNs of all my power carpentry tools (saws, nail guns, sanders, etc.) and outdoor power equipment (chainsaws, brushcutters) on their respective owner's manuals.

Steve

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #12  
my 69 ford 9000 wouldnt be hard to pick out. not too many 9000's with a modern genesis engine in it. the 1066 and the 1950t not as obvious but i do have the sn's with the org dealer bundles from them because dad bought both of them new. the 1755 has the 12v cummins conversion. again not so common.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #13  
Not in PA and lets not give the greedy tax hungry politicians any ideas!

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #14  
I call mine "Mr."

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #16  
Also, I started recording the SNs of all my power carpentry tools (saws, nail guns, sanders, etc.) and outdoor power equipment (chainsaws, brushcutters) on their respective owner's manuals.
I like having all the manuals for my equipment, so...

If I was a thief and robbed you, you'd still be screwed. :D

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #17  
You will get something like certificate of origin when you buy a new tractor or used from a dealer, but no titles.

I would think (doesn't happen very often:D) that all manufacturers provide an MSO (Manufaturers Statement of Origin). Are you guys (other than TripleR) saying that you got nothing other than a bill of sale??

Big Al

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #18  
I like having all the manuals for my equipment, so...

If I was a thief and robbed you, you'd still be screwed. :D

I don't store my manuals with my equipment. I also keep a separate listing of all my tools and their SNs.

Steve

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #19  
I don't store my manuals with my equipment. I also keep a separate listing of all my tools and their SNs.

Steve

Our home was burglarized several years ago and all the Manuals and Serial Numbers were invaluable in proving insurance claims on items taken.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #20  
My tractor can whup more butt than I can so I have to call it Mr.