Do Tractors Have Titles???

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #21  
I,too, am in the habit of recording serial number, date of purchase, where purchased, and price on the manuals of almost anything I buy that had a manual. Those manuals are all in hanging folders in the file cabinet.

And the topic of whether or not tractors have titles comes up pretty regularly, and so far I've not hear of any state that titles tractors.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #22  
Geez, I hope the feds didn't read this and get a NEW idea for another tax.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #23  
I don't store my manuals with my equipment. I also keep a separate listing of all my tools and their SNs.
That's what I would've suggested. :thumbsup:
For all of the big things like tractor, implements, mowers, & such I also actually take pictures of all the nameplates/stickers.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #25  
Ok as some of you know here I bought a used L3400 to sell and now I am unsure of this questions...Do tractors have titles???? when I bought my L3130 new in 2003 I never got a title from Kubota so I just assumed they did not have them but talking to some people I work with they seem to think the newer tractors have titles.Can someone clear this up for me.I bought the
L3400 and got a bill of sale but no title.Thanks for any help...

Bought a new Kubota B7510HST in May05. Paid it off in 36 months. No title came in the mail from CA. Proof of ownership is the bill of sale. All CA wants is its sales tax cut on new tractor sales.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #26  
If you financed it through KCC, you should've gotten some sort of lien release document at the end of your term though.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #27  
   / Do Tractors Have Titles???
If you financed it through KCC, you should've gotten some sort of lien release document at the end of your term though.

we bought it from a guy who finaced through KCC but paid him.How do we know if he paid it off?

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #29  
I guess you don't. Had you known, you could have insisted on getting the release or a copy of it.

Regardless as far as KCC is concerned, he would still be on the hook for it. So either a) it was paid off, b) he used what he made from the sale to pay it off or c) he's in some sort of credit trouble at least.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #30