Do Tractors Have Titles???

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #1  

bjess8

Bronze Member
Tractor
GRAND L3130
Ok as some of you know here I bought a used L3400 to sell and now I am unsure of this questions...Do tractors have titles???? when I bought my L3130 new in 2003 I never got a title from Kubota so I just assumed they did not have them but talking to some people I work with they seem to think the newer tractors have titles.Can someone clear this up for me.I bought the
L3400 and got a bill of sale but no title.Thanks for any help...

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #2  
Ok as some of you know here I bought a used L3400 to sell and now I am unsure of this questions...Do tractors have titles???? when I bought my L3130 new in 2003 I never got a title from Kubota so I just assumed they did not have them but talking to some people I work with they seem to think the newer tractors have titles.Can someone clear this up for me.I bought the
L3400 and got a bill of sale but no title.Thanks for any help...

Not in Kentucky.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #3  
nor in md or wva

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #4  
Not in Missouri

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #6  
You will get something like certificate of origin when you buy a new tractor or used from a dealer, but no titles.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #7  
come to think of it you dont in PA either. we have bought several new and used tractors from Forresters including my 9000 and never got a title. just a bill of sale.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #8  
Ohio does not title tractors either, even if they did I would be prone to skip it...one of the main functions of titles (IMHO) is for taxes. I get a little tickled when i come across one of teh many tractor skams on CL, a lot of they will say "I have the clear title to this tractor".....yeah, right.

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #9  
So a stolen tractor it seems would be much harder to find, no registration to file, and probably just as hard to prove ownership of, unless you know the SN. I wonder how many on the list have their SN written down somewhere in case of loss?

/ Do Tractors Have Titles??? #10  
Ohio does not title tractors either, even if they did I would be prone to skip it...one of the main functions of titles (IMHO) is for taxes. I get a little tickled when i come across one of teh many tractor skams on CL, a lot of they will say "I have the clear title to this tractor".....yeah, right.

Although tractors are not titled in NC, they (and implements) are still subject to property taxes if used for farming/business purposes.

Steve