Want to buy a Kubota BX1860

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #1  

jhackett

Tractor
bx1860
I am facing some heavier work in my yard and need a bigger tractor. Currently I have a 6 year old John Deere Lawn Tractor but it will not be up to the task. All I can do with it is mow and pull a wagon. Now I will need a FEL. But the Deere has been an excellent machine! I would like to know more about the BX1860 and the best place to purchase one, especially in the SW Virginia or Upper East Tennessee area.

Thanks, John

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #2  
I am facing some heavier work in my yard and need a bigger tractor. Currently I have a 6 year old John Deere Lawn Tractor but it will not be up to the task. All I can do with it is mow and pull a wagon. Now I will need a FEL. But the Deere has been an excellent machine! I would like to know more about the BX1860 and the best place to purchase one, especially in the SW Virginia or Upper East Tennessee area.

Thanks, John

What do you want to know about the BX? What type of heavier yard work are you planning on doing?

With my 1850 I have moved yards of dirt with FEL, mowed lawn with the 54" MMM and pulled fence posts with 3PH.

Roy

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860
I am needing it to move big mulch piles, landscape timbers & firewood, move snow, (it snowed over 100 inches here in the mountains last year!) pull my small trailer around the property, and of course mow. I think the BX1860 could do all that in a breeze. The reason I'm so interested in Kubota is because 16 years ago I bought my first Kubota; a small rototiller, AT25, 2.5 hp and have used it every year, (I'm a big organic garderner) without a speck of trouble...what a well built machine. During that time I have been thru several other larger tillers. There is no comparison!

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #4  
I have an 1860. I move mulch, dirt, gravel and compost. With the blade, I plow tons of snow. With the middle buster, I plow a 1/2 acre garden and cultivate it with a cultivator. I mow grass with a rear, pto driven finish mower.

It never runs out of power, it sips diesel and is a joy to ride and drive. That's about all I can tell you. It is one terrific small tractor and the price point is very hard to beat. Anything specific you'd like to know, just ask.

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #5  
hi i got a bx 1830 with a 3pth snow blower 51in and it work great

I have an 1860. I move mulch, dirt, gravel and compost. With the blade, I plow tons of snow. With the middle buster, I plow a 1/2 acre garden and cultivate it with a cultivator. I mow grass with a rear, pto driven finish mower.

It never runs out of power, it sips diesel and is a joy to ride and drive. That's about all I can tell you. It is one terrific small tractor and the price point is very hard to beat. Anything specific you'd like to know, just ask.
Thanks for the good info BP. Have you got any info on prices for the 1860. Also, how might I best go about negotiating a deal with the dealer. I live in Mountain City in the extreme upper end of East Tennessee. Thanks

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #7  
Thanks for the good info BP. Have you got any info on prices for the 1860. Also, how might I best go about negotiating a deal with the dealer. I live in Mountain City in the extreme upper end of East Tennessee. Thanks

Each dealer is different but you can go the kubota website and get list price with the options you like. This will at least give you the suggested price and will give comparison to the dealer price.

How well do you know the local dealer or dealers? Is there service and parts department top notch? This would be a factor I would consider for the future when parts and repairs are required.

good luck.

Roy

Thank You. Very helpful information! With Compliments, John

/ Want to buy a Kubota BX1860 #9  
Bought mine locally. I paid too close to sticker. I got a number of discounts on the implements and accessories. It is the total package price that counts. Out the door, to your door.

An awful lot of guys in your area get a price from Barlows. They deliver to your area, no problem. At least, armed with their price, you'll know if your local dealer is in the ballpark or not. For a few hundred, no big deal. For $500, I'd not blink.

Barlows is an advertiser here at TBN. They use a bid quote system through email, or give them a call.