Buying Advice BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #1  

J.Walker

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 and BX 2360
The time has come to replace my G6200 mower. I bought it new in 1988. The tractor now has 2600 hrs. and is still working great. I mow about 6 acers weekly with the G6200. My other mowing and tractor needs are met with a L3130 w/fel.
I'm ready to trade in the G6200 and buy a BX2360 with a 60" mower deck.
Would I be better off buying a B series Kubota with a 60" deck? Is the frame and mower deck better on the B series?

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #2  
I have a BX and my dad just bought a B2920. I can mow my dad's 4 acres in the same amount of time that it takes him to mow with the B. The BX can manuever around trees and such a little better. Personally I think my dad could have got by with the BX with no issues.

For tillage equipment, and heavy front loader work the B has the BX by a bit. The only reason I would have bought a B series over the BX would have been for the use of normal size Cat 1 implements instead of the BX's modified Cat1 requirements.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #3  
I have a BX and my dad just bought a B2920. I can mow my dad's 4 acres in the same amount of time that it takes him to mow with the B. The BX can maneuver around trees and such a little better. Personally I think my dad could have got by with the BX with no issues.

For tillage equipment, and heavy front loader work the B has the BX by a bit. The only reason I would have bought a B series over the BX would have been for the use of normal size Cat 1 implements instead of the BX's modified Cat1 requirements.

I think BrianR is on to something with the time to mow. BX and B being similar. But the comment on Cat 1 implements, I am not sure which version of the BX he has. You are looking at BX**60 series and these have an improved Three point with better lifting geometry the BX**30 series and earlier. I would look into this and not let this be he detraction. Now on the B series, are you keeping the L series? If so the BX will be awesome lawn mower, and other concerns would not be an issue. If not the B series would be an excellent compromise, as long as the turning radius will meet your grass cutting needs. I wished I would of gotten a B series for the ground clearance, tire traction (due to size) and potential additional loader capability, but with my situation and property needs, I love everything about the BX for the compact size and turning radius. Hope this helps.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #4  
If your keeping the L and only want a mower, get a Kubota F with 72" deck. If your replacing a L that was used then the B is a gradual step down in size. If you don't want to go for the top mower and are keeping the L and the only choice is between the B and BX then for just mowing the BX, if ground clearance isn't an issue. Guess the big question is are you keeping the L.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #5  
If your keeping the L and only want a mower, get a Kubota F with 72" deck. If your replacing a L that was used then the B is a gradual step down in size. If you don't want to go for the top mower and are keeping the L and the only choice is between the B and BX then for just mowing the BX, if ground clearance isn't an issue. Guess the big question is are you keeping the L.

Ditto on the front mount mowers. An absolute pleasure to use and IMHO does a far better job than any mmm.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #6  
You should be aware that all MMM decks for BX tractors are suspended "floating" decks. In the current B series models available, tractors with numbers XX20 have these floating decks, however numbers XX30 and XX00 have decks that must be fully lowered such that the full weight rests on the anti-scalp wheels. The floating decks can have the PTO engaged and cut with the deck lowered only partway; the wheels only hit the ground if there is a high spot. You can lower this deck all the way down, but you don't have to as you do on the decks for the XX00 and XX30 models. All decks available for L series tractors are non-floating.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors

I'm keeping the L3130. Just looking to replace the G6200. Never thought about a F series mower. How are the front mowers on hillsides? Going back to the Kubota dealer today to get pricing on the F series tractors.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #8  
Love the F Series, but $$$$$$$$$$$$

Between the BX and B, I looked at both and got the BX twice; also own an L for the bigger chores.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #9  
I'm keeping the L3130. Just looking to replace the G6200. Never thought about a F series mower. How are the front mowers on hillsides? Going back to the Kubota dealer today to get pricing on the F series tractors.

I also have an L3130 with a loader. I used it for mowing with a 72RFM for about three years to mow my four acres of grass that used to be into hay. When I sold my large GT that was used for mowing in the yard and snowblowing I got a BX2360 with loader,60mmm and front mount snowblower. I was going to trade the L for the same package with the B2620 but the deal was just not a good one so I kept the L and got a BX. Small tasks and mowing are done with the BX and when more tractor is needed the L3130 can do anything I need. I think the BX works for me becouse I kept the L but without it I'd have gone to somthing larger and anyway I think the 3130 is an awsome machine.

/ BX2360 vs B series mowing tractors #10  
I've went through 11 different Kubotas in 6 years. Started with a BX2200 MMM FEL, couple of B's then an L3240 back to a B and always had at least one BX for mowing. Have hillside home property and flat rental property. Have most of my major tractor work done and am now into maintaining both properties and some smaller projects. Have a BX25 for FEL/BH work. Have had a F2680 60" rear discharge for 3 years for flat rental property and now have a F3080 4wd 72" rear discharge deck for my home hillside property. I mowed yesterday with the F3080 and it's a pleasure to operate. I even raise the deck and do briars and weeds down to about 5" to not hit the rocks with it. For mowing there is nothing to beat it and doubt there is anything as good.