Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #1  

ecoslik

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HST with LA854 loader and QA, top and tilt, 1 front and 3 rear remotes, foamed rear tires
Wooohooo !!! made the leap, stopped looking, made a selection, bought the tractor. I really appreciate the fantastic help that everyone has offered and the chance to learn from all that has been posted on TBN.

After extensive searching and wondering what to buy, we bought from a private seller relying on some support of the original dealership:

2007 L5740 HST (in service Jan 2008)
854 FEL with QA bucket with bolt on cutting edge
ROPS mounted fiberglass canopy
447 hours
Loaded (rear only) turf tires (probably only detail that caused me reluctance)
3 rear valves
Top and Tilt
Diverter valve mounted on fender for continuous flow applications
Loader mounted front valve (controled by FEL joystick)
72" LandPride brush hog
72" LandPride box blade
72" LandPride landscape rake with wheels
66" LandPride scarifier
48" QA pallet forks

The Seller has bought numerous Kubotas from his local dealer who was able to give me complete paper file, full maintenance history and background on the Seller's use of the tractor; there have never been any repairs. I feel very lucky and at ease after speaking about the history and Seller with 4 people at the dealership, including the dealership owner and service manager and head mechanic. Plus, the Seller is paying the dealer to complete the 400 hour service before the dealer provides to me at my expense an inspection report on everything in the package and supervises having the package loaded on a truck that I arranged for the 2400 mile delivery to my property (WA to TX).

I am embarrassed to say that I want even more .... ;-))
72" grapple
72" tiller
Backhoe (probably just rent)

Oh well ... my wife is just glad that I made the leap and stopped looking. And, the tiller would be for her applications.

I can't wait. The delivery should arrive approximately mid month.

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #2  
Congratulations, I know you will be very happy with the performance and you sure got all of the right implements.

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements
Thanks. I recall seeing you write about the L5740 in the past. With all your experience with tractors, I certainly value yours and the rest of the TBN contributors.

Plus, I must say ... thank you Tractohouse and the great network of Kubota dealerships. I could never have bought a tractor that is so sar away with peace of mind without all of these people and resources.

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #4  
The L5740 is an excellent tractor and if my L5030 ever wears out, I will replace it with a L5730. They are really a handy and powerful tractor that are very easy to use. This week my wife stepped off of "her" BX2660 and was bush hogging with our L5030 HSTC and Land Pride RCR2672 while I was bush hogging with our M8540 and Woods DS1260 10' pull type and she found the transition very easy and she could get into places with it, I couldn't.

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #5  
This week my wife stepped off of "her" BX2660 and was bush hogging with our L5030 HSTC and Land Pride RCR2672 while I was bush hogging with our M8540 and Woods DS1260 10' pull type and she found the transition very easy and she could get into places with it, I couldn't.

Uh-oh... you may have to hide the keys! That may have been a tricky move... letting you get your new rig so there would be more free time on the other one. Keep your eye on that gal!

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #6  
Uh-oh... you may have to hide the keys! That may have been a tricky move... letting you get your new rig so there would be more free time on the other one. Keep your eye on that gal!

Hmmm, you may be onto something there:laughing:

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #7  
Looks like a very well equipped tractor from the get go. Post pics when it arrives! Philip.

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements
No doubt ... well equipped!! What a blessing. Since we are starting all this from scratch, one way or the other we needed implements, and finding a private seller with the package of implements and a gently used L5740 HST with all the valves (plus some) was an exercise in patience.

The only alternative was the M59, but I just wasn't ready to spend so much more when using the 3pt was more important than the backhoe and substantially stronger loader. The M59 will remain a fantasy for the time being.

As time went on, my wife put me on a deadline ... "do it within one month, or I'll make the purchase." She started to suspect I had some sort of addiction to TBN and Tractorhouse. :)) ... maybe so!

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #9  
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Sounds like an awesome package. Now let's see those pics when you get it so we can share in the fun! :D

At least we got to see a couple of new shots of TripleR's new rig. :thumbsup:

/ Bought -- 2007 L5740 HST Plus with implements #10  
Congratulations on the new purchase!!

We are just starting our journey... hope we get as lucky!