3000DT VS 3130DT

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #1  

JIMJ

Tractor
YANMAR 2610D
I have been looking at the L3000DT with FEL . The salesman told me that the new L3130DT is coming out soon but he did not have pricing yet but thought it would be about $800 less than the L3010 and about $ 500 more than the L3000DT. He said it is well worth the extra money for all the additional features (stronger loader, mote comfortable seat. car type dash and hood etc. ) I have 13 acres and will be using it about 50% brushhogging, 25% loader and 25% post hole digging. For those that know about the L3130 do you think it would be wise to step up another $500 to buy the 3130? It is my first tractor so I don't really know if the extra bells and whistles are worth it.
Thanks,
Jim J

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #2  
$500 over 10 years is $50 a year for a nicer seat and stronger loader and everything else... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #3  
Jim, while I don't know about all the new features the 30 series have, especially since we haven't got a physical siteing yet. From what I have been gathering here, the new 30 series is a little more refined but has not changed the basic drive system including engine and transmission. I think the best part is the loader lift capacity. This is always a huge bonus and one that always is a concern of mine. The 3 pt hitch is now powered by external hydraulic cylinders to my understanding. There can be several benefits to this. Greater lift and less wear and tear on the ball/socket arraingment found on internal setups which happens over rough terrain with a heavy implement on back. I am curious to see if the new setup has down pressure. The other changes are less important to me. The seat, electronic dash, easy access to the engine etc. My Kubota has a comfortable seat. Access to the engine compartment is easy and I really prefer mechanical gauges over electronic. I anxiously await their arrival.

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #4  
Re: 3000DT VS L3130DT

Jim
If you factor in the LB402 loader with the L3000DT and the LA513 loader with the L3130DT, the difference between the two tractors should be in the $2000.00 range (with standard rubber). As Rat said the loader capacity from 885 lbs to 1124 lbs and the 3 pt. lift capacity from 1435 lbs. to 2650 lbs. are the most obivous differences. It really comes down to how much time will you spend on the tractor compared to the cost of these "features". BTW, there is no down pressure on the new external lift cylinders on the 30 series.
Lewis

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #5  

Lewis, I was curious about the down pressure ability. It seems in some cases it would be nice to be able to do. I was told that it does have the abilty with the 2 external cylinders to do tilt. I was not aware that both loader lift and 3 pt hitch lift was increased by that much. Thats great. Doesn't the front bucket also get more dump/retract angle as well? Rat

/ 3000DT VS 3130DT #6  

Rat
I think the right side 3 pt adjust would allow the tilt, but it would only be manually adjusted. You are correct, the bucket rollback has increased by up to 10 degrees. Also, the skid steer type quick hitch is now optional on loaders. I'm glad to see the M-series type tilt hoods, it really makes getting to the air cleaner, radiator screen and battery much easier.
Lewis