M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #1  

ITHINKICAN

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota
I am a newbie - obviously.

Motocross dirt bikes are cheaper outside of this immediate area... MS, OK and TN all have lower prices... not seeing that on tractors...

We are leaning towards the M5640SUD or maybe the M5040 Hydraulic shuttle. Anyone have a recommendation on a dealership here in this area? Or within a short driving distance.

We've heard about the 'deal locally' for better service... but we need to buy within a budget... we've decided we'll cross the maintenance issues (if they occur) later down the road...

Unfortunately, you are likely to see several more newbie questions from me in the near future...

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:
   / M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #2  
Unfortunately, you are likely to see several more newbie questions from me in the near future...
OK but try a Search for some of the more basic questions, and also review forum topic list to make sure someone hasn't already started a thread recently about the same thing. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX
OK but try a Search for some of the more basic questions, and also review forum topic list to make sure someone hasn't already started a thread recently about the same thing. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Thank you. The subject line says Houston, TX. If I had a question about Inner Harbor or Ocean City - it would have said Central Md in the subject line. :thumbsup:

Have a great day! :dance1:

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #4  
Thank you. The subject line says Houston, TX. If I had a question about Inner Harbor or Ocean City - it would have said Central Md in the subject line. :thumbsup:
Understood, I was referring to the other questions you might ask. For examples, what is FEL and loaded tires. ;)

Have a great day! :dance1:
You too. :)

Nice save :drink:

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #6  
Have you checked with Barlow's and are you opposed to buying used?

Not familiar with Barlows.

Not opposed to buying used - but I am not a tech.

A used motocross dirt bike can be beat to death - if a pro rider uses one it is at max rpm the whole time (they maintain - but they ride hard) - if a punk owns one it will be the opposite of maintained correctly. So if I buy used - it would have to be very low hours and very well maintained...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore thread title - M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX

Corrected title - M5640SUD - M5040HD or HDC - Houston TX
(I just learned Hydraulic shuttle is not the same as HST - ooops)

Last edited:
   / M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #8  
I know what you mean, I am not a tech either. I am disabled also, but my wife and I do our own maintenance. Anything mechanical and it goes to the shop, just hasn't happened yet. I bought a seven year old L5030 with 735 hours on it and have been very happy with it. The dealer had all of the maintenance records as the owner didn't do any of his own. He brought it in for a service and a L5740 caught his eye and he traded.

My M8540 was purchased new as I didn't have the time to shop for a good used one. Sometimes I buy new and sometimes used, just depends. Good luck.

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #9  
ITHINKICAN, I'm in Houston also, at least part time. I been at the Kubota dealer in Beaumont, Normangee and Landsdowne Moody Houston. Bought RTV from Lansdowne, due to service and warranty issues would not return. Just bought a L48TLB from Barlows in Somerset, Ky and it was well worth the trip. Normangee seems reasonable, Beaumont not so much. I would at least check what Brady or Steve Barlow have, a lot of comments on them in these posts.

/ M5640SUD - M5040HST - Houston TX #10  
When I bought my B2620 I priced it at dealers all over. I would definitely recommend checking with Barlow Equipment. I have bought from them before and would again. For dealers closer to you... I would recommend Jasper Farm and Ranch and Ewald Tractor. I bought from Jasper Farm and Ranch and was very pleased with price and the dealership as a whole. Ewald gave me a good price too... they are just further away from me.