Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Veteran Member General Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,184
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Tractor
    Kubota, L4400, BX1870

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    More...





    Kubota L4400 - Land pride rear scraper blade, 6 foot landscape rake, 72'' Frontier Box Blade, Land Pride 60'' finish mower, Land Pride Q/A pallet forks, County Line Carryall built to haul and loaded R-1's
    Kubota RTV500
    Kubota BX1870

    Previous Tractors: 1978 B7100, 2009 B3200

  2. #12
    Veteran Member DmansPadge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,678
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Ugh, Its been in the garage the last several hours and I've been looking at it more closely. I got two small trans fluid leaks. One towards the front, one at the year. Hard to tell where its leaking from until I can clean the tractor up a bit. Its hard to expect a 32 year old tractor thats never been refurbished to be perfect.
    I'm still trying to get a few more pics up. Based on the pics, what you guys think is a reasonbale price to pay? Wondering if I paid to much.
    I like it! It's a good looking little tractor. I'm not sure what they go for but I would probably think somewhere in the $2500-3000 range.

  3. #13
    Elite Member bullbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,926
    Location
    SW FLA
    Tractor
    1/3 PARTNERSHIP IN BOTA 7060 (PLANT NURSERY OPERATION) SOLD MY PERSONAL L3400 DT BOTA

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    [QUOTE=DmansPadge;2051864]I like it! It's a good looking little tractor. I'm not sure what they go for but I would probably think somewhere in the $2500-3000 range.

    Heres a whole heap of them for sale around good old U.S.A !

    KUBOTA B7100, Used KUBOTA B7100, KUBOTA B7100 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

    Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

  4. #14
    Super Star Member Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    13,848
    Location
    Lebanon,NH.
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    "reasonbale price to pay?"

    Tough question..does front end feel tight,any odd noises from tranny,jack up rear spin tire than stop for loosen/slop.

    Check Tractor Warehouse under 40hp for price idea.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Looks like it has new rear tires and a new seat.. I have a 77 - 78 B7100 with original tires all the way around, original seat, no leaks of any kind.. Yours does have the original fittings on the rear that the tire rims bolt to and then slides onto the axel.. I decided to replace mine because of poor design they can get loose and the back tires are a little flimsy and it will cause wear on the axle.. I changed those out, and those back wheels now are SUPER tight..

    I love my B7100.. We have pictures of me sitting on it when i was 2 and i LOVED that little horn (luckily i counldnt reach the clutch).. Its a GREAT tractor, and i hope to pass it down to my kids like my dad (eventually) will do to me.. :-)

  6. #16
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    261
    Location
    Ohio

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Is it really as clean as it looks in these pictures? I can't tell if it's the matte paint or the new tires, but the thing looks it was bottled away in 1983.
    Bobcat CT235

  7. #17
    Veteran Member brain55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,772
    Location
    Brentwood, CA

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Ugh, Its been in the garage the last several hours and I've been looking at it more closely. I got two small trans fluid leaks. One towards the front, one at the year. Hard to tell where its leaking from until I can clean the tractor up a bit. Its hard to expect a 32 year old tractor thats never been refurbished to be perfect.
    I'm still trying to get a few more pics up. Based on the pics, what you guys think is a reasonbale price to pay? Wondering if I paid to much.
    I would image anything around $2000 would be good since it doesn't have a loader. I just got given an '83 7100HSD with a 1630 loader that I put a little over $2000 into that I'm probably going to list for $5000. I had to replace all of the rubber, tires, hydraulic hoses, radiator hoses etc, along with the front bevel case seals and bearings, not to mention I decided to tear it all apart and paint it too.

    Brian

  8. #18
    Veteran Member General Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,184
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Tractor
    Kubota, L4400, BX1870

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Looks like it has new rear tires and a new seat.. I have a 77 - 78 B7100 with original tires all the way around, original seat, no leaks of any kind.. Yours does have the original fittings on the rear that the tire rims bolt to and then slides onto the axel.. I decided to replace mine because of poor design they can get loose and the back tires are a little flimsy and it will cause wear on the axle.. I changed those out, and those back wheels now are SUPER tight..
    Yep, I got the slide on rims. They have some slop and I can't get them any tighter. What it cost you to replace them, and what did you go with?
    Kubota L4400 - Land pride rear scraper blade, 6 foot landscape rake, 72'' Frontier Box Blade, Land Pride 60'' finish mower, Land Pride Q/A pallet forks, County Line Carryall built to haul and loaded R-1's
    Kubota RTV500
    Kubota BX1870

    Previous Tractors: 1978 B7100, 2009 B3200

  9. #19
    Veteran Member General Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,184
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Tractor
    Kubota, L4400, BX1870

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    Quote Originally Posted by jcims View Post
    Is it really as clean as it looks in these pictures? I can't tell if it's the matte paint or the new tires, but the thing looks it was bottled away in 1983.
    Its fairly clean. I haven't cleaned it yet. The pics were taken about an hour after I got it home. Its got a rattle can paint paint job, at least on the hood as you can see over spray on the decals.

    BTW, I paid $3000
    Kubota L4400 - Land pride rear scraper blade, 6 foot landscape rake, 72'' Frontier Box Blade, Land Pride 60'' finish mower, Land Pride Q/A pallet forks, County Line Carryall built to haul and loaded R-1's
    Kubota RTV500
    Kubota BX1870

    Previous Tractors: 1978 B7100, 2009 B3200

  10. #20
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    109
    Location
    Collin Co. Texas
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L2600DT, F13D Yanmar, Sears garden tractor with MMM, older JD Garden Tractor with MMM, Gravely commercial ZTM

    Default Re: About to buy a 1978 B7100

    I think you got a good deal. In the Dallas, Tx area I've seen them in fairly rough condition for what you paid for yours. Congrats on the purchase. I've had a couple of these in the past and they were bullet proof. Would love to have another now for the smaller tasks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. To buy or not to buy: Rough JD 4020
    By Kyle_in_Tex in forum John Deere Ag Tractors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
  2. Which Grand LTractor/Implements to Buy?
    By EastTnFarmboy in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.