Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #1  

ITHINKICAN

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota
Does it make sense to get one with a 2nd valve - even if don't intend to use right away? Won't it increase the resale value? And isn't it better to be safe rather than sorry?

Does it matter if the tires are loaded with water/anti freeze vs the typical fluid? What is the correct name for the typical most common fluid?

Has anyone else heard of the M7040 HDC-1 Limited Edition? I am told it has badges on the hood and the seat is shorter.

Sorry for the last minute questions.

And THANK YOU very much for all of your assistance!

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #2  
Get all the remotes you can, your usage will change.

I personally prefer wheel weights over filling tires, too mine rusted out rims in the old days.

Never heard of the limited addition.

E/S

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040
Thank you.

Do you have time to list one or two things the extra valve would accomodate. I could read threads - but this way is easier for me...

I was looking for the rear weights - but the sales person is telling me the 7040 he is selling comes with cast wheels and it is better than weights. I told him if that is true - I want them loaded anyway.

I am a newbie. I'm trying to fake it and hopefully get away with it. I can learn later... :D

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #4  
Don't know about that specific tractor, but it is a big one. What are your intended uses? I have a M 6800 with rear wheel weights and loaded tires, which is great. I feel that the more rear weight, the better, so the cast wheel weights and fluid is helpful and never a disadvantage (for me) As far as liquid, we use water and antifreeze around here, as temps rarely get below 20. Calcium chloride is often used, but is very corrosive to rims, so I cannot see why it is better than antifreeze and water. A beet juice product is also used, but it is expensive as is wiper fluid. Water and antifreeze is readily available, cheap, and if necessary, you can load them yourself. It is easy. Are you getting a FEL? If not, you will probably need front weights also mounted at the bumper.

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #5  
The Calcium Chloride has a higher weight per gallon than water. As well as the beetjuice or "rimsaver" weighs more as well. The only downfall to antifreeze is if it gets out and ruins grass, plants, livestock drinking water, etc... If you invest in the wheel weights you will always have them even if you pop a tire/tube. You can never have too much rear wheel weight in my opinion.

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #6  
I'm impressed, ITHINKICAN, in 28 posts you have moved from a 50hp to a 70 hp tractor. This is quite a step up in many ways..larger tractor, larger turning radius, larger equipment, larger tow vehicle, larger trailer. :thumbsup:

Knowing you are in the Houston area, hope this one has a cab and 4wd.

Yep, two remotes are a minimum for such a tractor... for example, am sure you will want a top and tilt for your 3ph...this will immediately use both of the remotes, full time.

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #7  
Does it make sense to get one with a 2nd valve - even if don't intend to use right away? Won't it increase the resale value? And isn't it better to be safe rather than sorry?

Does it matter if the tires are loaded with water/anti freeze vs the typical fluid? What is the correct name for the typical most common fluid?

Has anyone else heard of the M7040 HDC-1 Limited Edition? I am told it has badges on the hood and the seat is shorter.

Sorry for the last minute questions.

And THANK YOU very much for all of your assistance!

That is quite a jump from a 50 to 70; hope it works out for you.

I would have at minimum two rear remotes on a new tractor. I have no use right now for mine, but like the option to go to Top n Tilt.

I have windshield wiper fluid in mine as it is less toxic and corrosive than calcium chloride, no one in my area does Rimguard or I would have gone with it. I often debate with myself over the loaded tires v weights. I also wish I could have gotten cast wheels.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/179606-rimguard-vs-methanol.html

Sorry, don't know anything about the Limited Edition.

Last edited:
   / Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #8  
I never heard of the Special Edition. At first I thought you were confused with the SU (special utility), but you can't get that in a CAB.

I would be interested to know more about the Special Edition, however to your question... I would get at least two remotes.

I recently bought an M8540 and got an extra valve (it came stock with one SCD). On the second valve, I went with the FD so I had one of each.

I have a hydraulic top link so I am using one of the valves already. If and when I hook something else up, I will have a valve ready. One thing that comes to mind is a batwing mower.

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040
HJ - I think I saw there was a similarity of the M6800 & the M7040. Not sure where... thank you for the reply.

cmb - thank you! That makes sense.

tj - thank you! Yes sir. Our initial interest was either the M7040 or the M8540 - still can't remember why... anyway - We had considered everything in between and have concluded the M7040 will work best for our long term needs. Yes it is an HDC-1.

TR - thank you! You are always very helpful!

rj - thank you! The dealer has an excellent reputation... He claims it was a Limited edition model. It is the HDC-1 and the only difference is the seat is a mid back rather than the tall back. I kinda wonder if he is using a regular non cab seat - giving it air ride - and discounting the tractor. Maybe the tall seat got damaged? But he says it has Limited Edition badges on the hood. Wierd. But probably legit.

/ Loaded tires, 2nd valve, limited edition - M7040 #10  
HJ - I think I saw there was a similarity of the M6800 & the M7040. Not sure where... thank you for the reply.

cmb - thank you! That makes sense.

tj - thank you! Yes sir. Our initial interest was either the M7040 or the M8540 - still can't remember why... anyway - We had considered everything in between and have concluded the M7040 will work best for our long term needs. Yes it is an HDC-1.

TR - thank you! You are always very helpful!

rj - thank you! The dealer has an excellent reputation... He claims it was a Limited edition model. It is the HDC-1 and the only difference is the seat is a mid back rather than the tall back. I kinda wonder if he is using a regular non cab seat - giving it air ride - and discounting the tractor. Maybe the tall seat got damaged? But he says it has Limited Edition badges on the hood. Weird. But probably legit.

If it is a cab seat, it will be cloth or at least mine is and mine is the tall back with arm rests.