Buying Advice Considering going from Green to Orange

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #1  

jdX595

Tractor
Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor
I have been a long time JD supporter, but recently I am somewhat annoyed at the feeling from John Deere that you pay the price for the tractor because it is a John Deere. I went to the New York State Fair yesterday just to look at what else is out there and John Deere was not even there. I did find a Kubota Grand L4240 Cab version that even my wife likes. Now my question: Is the air conditioner in this cab unit adequate? Also, when pricing out this unit (actually would like 3540 w/cab) it shows a swivel seat -3 only. I am not sure what the -3 means. Any other advice on this unit would be apprecitaed (likes/dislikes). Thanks.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #2  
I looked at the L3940 and L4240. I was going to buy a L4240 with cab when I found a good used L5030. The AC in my L5030 keeps me cool and the L40's have improved units, so I am sure it will keep you cool.

Do some searches on the Kubota HST Plus as well as the L40 Series and you will find a LOT of good information. You might also check with philip8n, bebbington and TalonDance as they all have L40's; others do, I just can't recall their names now and they can explain the whole -1, -2 -3 thing.

Good luck.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #3  
L3540GST-3 Fourth Generation Tractor Models I dont know what the feature differences are.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #4  
I have been a long time JD supporter, but recently I am somewhat annoyed at the feeling from John Deere that you pay the price for the tractor because it is a John Deere. I went to the New York State Fair yesterday just to look at what else is out there and John Deere was not even there. I did find a Kubota Grand L4240 Cab version that even my wife likes. Now my question: Is the air conditioner in this cab unit adequate? Also, when pricing out this unit (actually would like 3540 w/cab) it shows a swivel seat -3 only. I am not sure what the -3 means. Any other advice on this unit would be apprecitaed (likes/dislikes). Thanks.

The -1 or -2 or -3 at the end of a model number is a revision. Anytime Kubota makes a minor revision to a given model (since its original introduction), they add a dash and a number. Dash 1 (-1) would be the first revision for that model. Dash 2 (-2) would be the second revision... and so on.

My tractor is an M8540HD12-1. It is a -1 model that has a minor revision since the original model was introduced.

The changes to the tractor model could be anything. For example, my "-1" revision on my M8540 was emissions related. An EGR valve was added. There may have been other changes, but I don't know if/what they are.

A dash number for a given model usually means very suttle changes, since marjor changes would dictate a new model line.

Revision changes vary from model to model. A -1 revision for my M8540 is not necessarily the same set of changes as a -1 for a Grand L. This is why some models may have more revisions than others.

Revisions could range anywhere from problem fixes to emissions compliance. It's all up to Kubota...

I believe one of the revisions to the M7040 was the addition of a turbo. I think that was emissions related also.

The "Tier xxx" emissions requirements vary and have different required dates of implementation for different HP engines. I'm sure a lot of the revisions have to do with meeting the "Tier" requirements.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #5  
L3540GST-3 Fourth Generation Tractor Models I dont know what the feature differences are.

My L3940-3 has a swivel seat, for one. Trying to remember the other, pretty minor things.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #6  
If there is a Massey Ferguson dealer in your area you might check out the
MF2600 HD series. Verry good and hard working tractor.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange
Thanks everyone. I am going to a Kubota dealership today to give it a test drive. They also have a used (only 84 hrs.) JD 3520 so I would like to compare them side by side. I appreciated everyones input.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #8  
It's always a good idea to make comparisons; good luck and let us know how it works either way. While this is a Kubota forum, I believe we pretty much like all tractors, even the green ones.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #9  
If there is a Massey Ferguson dealer in your area you might check out the
MF2600 HD series. Verry good and hard working tractor.

Would you please stop it. You are doing this on every Kubota thread.

/ Considering going from Green to Orange #10  
someone has to keep Massey in business! :laughing: