Buying Advice Newbie

/ Newbie #1  

brfd15

Tractor
Kubota L2600
I am brand new to the forum but would like some help on a fair price of a Kubota L2600 DT 4wd tractor with 100 hrs that may need a little work by changing out the hydraulic hoses due to dry rot. It seems to operate ok but this is my first dealing with a tractor and I want to learn as I go but not take a beating from the get go!

Thanks Ron

/ Newbie #2  
Check with brain55, he just finished restoring a B7100 with similar problems.

/ Newbie #3  
For new hoses, most guys take the old ones to a hydraulic shop and have new ones made to match. If you want to save some $ you can measure up the old hoses an order the closest length hose that fits from an on line dealer like surpluscenter.com or discounthydraulichose.com .

/ Newbie
Thanks for the hyd. hose info I will look into it. I am just not sure what the tractor is worth so I have a starting point.

/ Newbie #5  
brfd15 said:
Thanks for the hyd. hose info I will look into it. I am just not sure what the tractor is worth so I have a starting point.

With a 100 hrs on it, some people would consider it almost new. Why not go to a Kubota dealer and see what a new comparable tractor would cost. They have great financing right now too.

/ Newbie
Yea that would be nice but being my first tractor I dont mind working on it and learning as I go. Its going to sit on the property with limited use until I retire in 5 years. Wouldnt feel right leaving something new up there!