Buying Advice B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc.

/ B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc. #1  

Stubee

Silver Member
Tractor
LX-176 (not really a tractor)
Looked at a B6200 today. SN 61433, geared, 4WD, unknown aftermarket loader (pistons say "Chief"), back blade, 6' plow jury-rigged for loader (!!). 219 hours showing but likely 1219 or who knows, new foamed rear tires. New hydraulic pump within past 3 years. Cosmetically pretty darned clean inside & out. Runs well all gears/PTO (didn't check 3 pt. lift), 4WD, clutch play good, no leaks, brakes good, no or little blow-by.

I can get it for $5K. Thinking not do it because 1) loader mounting/front of frame only & I can't decipher brand 2) loader frame is bent a bit so off-center to tractor (not the bucket, the frame) 3) loader won't hold up nor raise the tractor off the ground more than an inch, if that, when lowered 4) no coolant showing in radiator 5) radiator clean-out screen really clogged & owner didn't know it. A couple of other minor things like hydraulic coupling leaking all over my shoe--maybe why the loader is weak--& aged hoses, bad ignition switch but the loader is what's putting me off most.

Here are pics.

Attachments

• DSC02989.jpg
    DSC02989.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 2,566
  • DSC02990.jpg
    DSC02990.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC02991.jpg
    DSC02991.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 973
  • DSC02992.jpg
    DSC02992.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 659
   / B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc. #2  
I don't know what brand of loader it is, but I find it interesting that it is a self leveling loader, something that I've rarely seen on tractors this small. Most of the time self leveling loaders are used on 60+hp farm tractors. Might help identify it by this unique feature.

/ B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc. #3  
The B6200 is a nice tractor. Probably worth 2 grand or so in the shape it's in. Not 5K.

/ B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc. #4  
If I had to guess, I would say that that is a homemade loader based on the tube sizes and loader construction. Unless I am seeing it wrong, the loader structure look pretty light compared the the Kubota loader on our B7500.
Here is an example that looks similar to ours: 2003 KUBOTA B7500 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com
Here is just the picture of the tractor:
80473045.jpg

I think that if you were to push much with the bucket with the loader down, that the loader arms will bend like pretzels right up where the top of the bucket rams attach. Look at how much reinforcement Kubota put on that spot for the loader on the B7500.

See also this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/163007-front-end-loader-build-my.html for pictures of the OEM Kubota loader for that tractor, and ask yourself if the loader on that tractor will hold up like the Kubota loader would.

Aaron Z

/ B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc.
Thanks guys. I didn't realize it was a self-leveler. Of course, I adjusted the bucket & arms up a lot while running it around because it was dropping a bit.

I did read the post here on the home-built B6200 loader and everything else on the B6200 I could find before looking. I've wanted a tractor for a long time and good, small used ones are rare around here or they go so fast I can't look at 'em. I was first to see this one.

I think I'll keep looking. The basic tractor was pretty decent but I don't need a hinky loader, would rather have none. The owner kept it inside but hadn't changed the oil in 3 years, nor checked the coolant, radiator screen, etc. Just kinda used it. Surprised he'd let me find a 'dry' radiator during a cursory check if he really wants to sell it.

Info much appreciated.

/ B6200 w. aftermarket loader thoughts? Pics inc. #6  
I had a B5100, smaller than the one you're contemplating...It had a factory FEL and had 2 levers for the bucket...Up/down, and bucket tilt...Was a good little work horse.

Don