Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn!

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Mowed with my F3080 today in 90 degree heat. As I finished mowing and was on my way to my Kubota Garage where I keep my BX25 and F3080 the horn started blowing on my F3080. I was surprised, I didn't know it had a horn.:confused: Problem was it wouldn't quit blowing. I looked at the dash to see if anything was lit up and noticed the heat gauge was near the red. Stopped and raised the top over the engine and pulled the screen out and the wind blew it clean, put it back in and left the ebgine cover up and run RPM at about low medium. Temp guage needle came down and horn stopped blowing. Wonder if there's a button that I can press if I want to blow it at a neighbor or deer or dog or some thing else?:laughing: Now I wonder if other model Kubotas have the horn for heat? None of my other ten ever blew their horn. My F2680E did get over heated one time but no horn blew.

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #2  
Probably was a special edition, custom add-on done by Barlow's- since you are such a good customer.:thumbsup:

They know that you'll want to trade now, so all of your equipment has horns on them!:laughing:

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #3  
when i got my yanmar, i was happy to find a horn on it. :p:D I mostly honk at the dogs, they either move or if i push it a couple times, they think it means come so if they are barking at the neighbors dog, i can call them back with only the horn. They cant hear me yell at them with the purr of that diesel engine. :D:laughing: There are a LOT of benefits of horns. They sure get peoples attention though. :laughing: This last weekend i also cleaned out the air intakes and filters but didnt leave the hood open. Started er' up and there was only a cloud of dust. So i slowly gave it more throttle and got er' all blown out. I had to do this twice since it was so dusty mowing the fields and grading the driveway.

Attachments

• 8-30-10 039.JPG
    8-30-10 039.JPG
    930.2 KB · Views: 280
   / Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #4  
My Mercury outboards had them. Get into a patch of yucky weeds and such and have heard them go off. Pull up the outboard and clean off the tossed salad. Same principle.

Good to know that Kubota uses a similar thing.

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #5  
Mowed with my F3080 today in 90 degree heat. As I finished mowing and was on my way to my Kubota Garage where I keep my BX25 and F3080 the horn started blowing on my F3080. I was surprised, I didn't know it had a horn.:confused: Problem was it wouldn't quit blowing. I looked at the dash to see if anything was lit up and noticed the heat gauge was near the red. Stopped and raised the top over the engine and pulled the screen out and the wind blew it clean, put it back in and left the ebgine cover up and run RPM at about low medium. Temp guage needle came down and horn stopped blowing. Wonder if there's a button that I can press if I want to blow it at a neighbor or deer or dog or some thing else?:laughing: Now I wonder if other model Kubotas have the horn for heat? None of my other ten ever blew their horn. My F2680E did get over heated one time but no horn blew.

I don't know if mine does. Hope I never find out!

On a slightly related topic, my three year old is still not happy that my tractor does not have a horn! Of course, that does not prevent him from getting on it and doing what three year olds do!

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #6  
My M8540 has a horn, but don't know about one for overheating.

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #7  
   / Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #8  
   / Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #9  
A lot of mechanics would not recommend running the engine with the hood up when it is hot as you are not getting the correct air flow, kinda by-passing the radiator with the hood raised.

/ Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn! #10  

John,

Obviously that is the JT custom horn installation that Barlow installed to remind you that it is time to trade in one of your tractors. :D