Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680 B2620 FEL/BH RTV1140

Default Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn!

Mowed with my F3080 today in 90 degree heat. As I finished mowing and was on my way to my kubota Garage where I keep my BX25 and F3080 the horn started blowing on my F3080. I was surprised, I didn't know it had a horn. Problem was it wouldn't quit blowing. I looked at the dash to see if anything was lit up and noticed the heat gauge was near the red. Stopped and raised the top over the engine and pulled the screen out and the wind blew it clean, put it back in and left the ebgine cover up and run RPM at about low medium. Temp guage needle came down and horn stopped blowing. Wonder if there's a button that I can press if I want to blow it at a neighbor or deer or dog or some thing else? Now I wonder if other model Kubotas have the horn for heat? None of my other ten ever blew their horn. My F2680E did get over heated one time but no horn blew.
    2012 B2620 FEL BH, 2008 F2680 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Default Re: Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn!

Probably was a special edition, custom add-on done by Barlow's- since you are such a good customer.

They know that you'll want to trade now, so all of your equipment has horns on them!

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

when i got my yanmar, i was happy to find a horn on it. I mostly honk at the dogs, they either move or if i push it a couple times, they think it means come so if they are barking at the neighbors dog, i can call them back with only the horn. They cant hear me yell at them with the purr of that diesel engine. There are a LOT of benefits of horns. They sure get peoples attention though. This last weekend i also cleaned out the air intakes and filters but didnt leave the hood open. Started er' up and there was only a cloud of dust. So i slowly gave it more throttle and got er' all blown out. I had to do this twice since it was so dusty mowing the fields and grading the driveway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Discovered my Kubota F3080 has a horn!-8-30-10-039.jpg  
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

My Mercury outboards had them. Get into a patch of yucky weeds and such and have heard them go off. Pull up the outboard and clean off the tossed salad. Same principle.

Good to know that kubota uses a similar thing.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    Mowed with my F3080 today in 90 degree heat. As I finished mowing and was on my way to my kubota Garage where I keep my BX25 and F3080 the horn started blowing on my F3080. I was surprised, I didn't know it had a horn. Problem was it wouldn't quit blowing. I looked at the dash to see if anything was lit up and noticed the heat gauge was near the red. Stopped and raised the top over the engine and pulled the screen out and the wind blew it clean, put it back in and left the ebgine cover up and run RPM at about low medium. Temp guage needle came down and horn stopped blowing. Wonder if there's a button that I can press if I want to blow it at a neighbor or deer or dog or some thing else? Now I wonder if other model Kubotas have the horn for heat? None of my other ten ever blew their horn. My F2680E did get over heated one time but no horn blew.
    I don't know if mine does. Hope I never find out!

On a slightly related topic, my three year old is still not happy that my tractor does not have a horn! Of course, that does not prevent him from getting on it and doing what three year olds do!
    Kubota M8540HD12-1 (2010), R4s with 3 Sets of Weights, 2 Remotes (SCD & FD), Rear Work Light and Down Exhaust
    Kubota LA1353 FEL with QA 72" Bucket, Self Leveling Valve and 3rd Function Remote
    CCM Category II Hydraulic Toplink with Flow Restrictors
    Kubota QA 48" Pallet Forks
    Kubota M8180 Ballast Box filled with concrete (1,800 lb)
    Land Pride QH-20 Quick Hitch
    Land Pride RCR2672 6' Rotary Cutter
    Land Pride GS2596 8' Grading Scraper
    BAC Industries BG-10 Post/Tree Puller

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

My M8540 has a horn, but don't know about one for overheating.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HD-12 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    My M8540 has a horn, but don't know about one for overheating.
    Really? That must be a CAB thing?
    Kubota M8540HD12-1 (2010), R4s with 3 Sets of Weights, 2 Remotes (SCD & FD), Rear Work Light and Down Exhaust
    Kubota LA1353 FEL with QA 72" Bucket, Self Leveling Valve and 3rd Function Remote
    CCM Category II Hydraulic Toplink with Flow Restrictors
    Kubota QA 48" Pallet Forks
    Kubota M8180 Ballast Box filled with concrete (1,800 lb)
    Land Pride QH-20 Quick Hitch
    Land Pride RCR2672 6' Rotary Cutter
    Land Pride GS2596 8' Grading Scraper
    BAC Industries BG-10 Post/Tree Puller

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by rjkobbeman View Post
    Really? That must be a CAB thing?
    That could be. It is a button on the "dash".
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B3030 G1900

A lot of mechanics would not recommend running the engine with the hood up when it is hot as you are not getting the correct air flow, kinda by-passing the radiator with the hood raised.
    1992 G1900 60mmm 2500+ hrs., 2009 B3030 60mmm LA403 Fel/remote joystick 60 QA Bucket R3/Rimguard

Tractor
    Kubota B2630

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    John,

Obviously that is the JT custom horn installation that Barlow installed to remind you that it is time to trade in one of your tractors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast