BX2360 questions

/ BX2360 questions #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Well, I've been all over creation trying to decide what tractor to buy. Narrowed down to Deere X-748 with 60" 7-iron deck or Kubota BX2360 w/ 60" deck. For simplicity's sake, let's say they are within $500 of each other on the best prices I can get from dealer. I will be using it to cut my personal 3 acre lawn and a couple customers lawns & small fields. Might get a snowblade/blower tiller, small bush hog in future.

I realize they are 2 different tractors, but either would work for me.

Like about the Deere: HDAP tires, compact size, lighter weight, warranty (4yr -700 hours)
Dislike Deere: No ROPS, weaker 3pt lift arms, no attractive financing (4.9% for 48 months)

Like Kubota: ROPS, sturdier heavier frame tractor, better 3pt hitch, better financing (0% for 60 months)

Dislike Kubota: Might be too big for fine lawns, no HDAP tires. Lesser warranty. Grass bagger system is real expensive ($2,400)

The Kubota will cost me less hands down per month to own and that right now weighs heavily in Kubota's favor.

Questions on the BX2360:

Will it cut a lawn and not leave a lot of marks on finish quality lawn grass? (my gut feeling is it will be on the heavy side)
Does the deck have a nice cut? (I have read some owners are not so satisfied with the cut on Kubota mower decks)
Is the deck built thick enough to cut the rough stuff, like 18" tall field grass once in a while?

What do you dislike (if anything) about your BX2360?

Thanks.

/ BX2360 questions #2  
one kubota 2 kubota .......

Well, I've been all over creation trying to decide what tractor to buy. Narrowed down to Deere X-748 with 60" 7-iron deck or Kubota BX2360 w/ 60" deck. For simplicity's sake, let's say they are within $500 of each other on the best prices I can get from dealer. I will be using it to cut my personal 3 acre lawn and a couple customers lawns & small fields. Might get a snowblade/blower tiller, small bush hog in future.

Like about the Deere: HDAP tires, compact size, lighter weight, warranty (4yr -700 hours)
Dislike Deere: No ROPS, weaker 3pt lift arms, no attractive financing (4.9% for 48 months)

Like Kubota: ROPS, sturdier heavier frame tractor, better 3pt hitch, better financing (0% for 60 months)

Dislike Kubota: Might be too big for fine lawns, no HDAP tires. Lesser warranty. Grass bagger system is real expensive ($2,400)

The Kubota will cost me less hands down per month to own and that right now weighs heavily in Kubota's favor.

Questions on the BX2360:

Will it cut a lawn and not leave a lot of marks on finish quality lawn grass? (my gut feeling is it will be on the heavy side)
Does the deck have a nice cut? (I have read some owners are not so satisfied with the cut on Kubota mower decks)
Is the deck built thick enough to cut the rough stuff, like 18" tall field grass once in a while?

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with turf tires period -just depend on which type -the diamond or square pad turfs are thee best for distributing machine wieght where the tiny tread turfs are good for soft treads and possibly less damage to turf-totally dependent upon turf thickness and grass stand -wet or not any tire will damage turf if its soggy enough.

any sub c.u.t with loaded tires will do damage to wet, soggy, or slippery turf!!!!

The tractor size is not an issue with fine lawns the mower type is!

A suspended deck or a ground contact deck will be totally dependent on the turf and the ground as it will follow the ground contours and may be givng an uneven cut and if the anti scalp wheels are worn on the supended deck it will dig in more which is true of the ground contact deck when turning on hills and banks, and the mowers discharge corner will bite in to the turf.

The suspended deck and ground contact deck will have wear in the suspensions of either mower and any racking and twisting will add to the wear. any belly mower will skip and leave rooster tails of greass if its too tall ot be cut at the first pass not much of an issue with flail mowers inless golden rod is thick (two passes and its gone)

The ground contact deck will need the guage wheels checked often to be be sure of less scalping if you have a bad wheel in front.

Plus it will require maintenance(deck scraping and consume more fuel),

and its not an issue with a three point flail mower as the rear roller is the mower hieght gauge and never varies(unless you adjust the roller).

My dads neighbor loves her 2350 which is the old model but she has a bush hog for it UGH!!! and keeps an old wheel horse for mowing.

save your money and buy a 48" Caroni with an F rotor and you can eliminate the need for a brush hog period and any worries about 18 inch brush and you can buy a hydraulic offset hitch for it to mow everywhere quickly.

And you could buy a cylone rake too and a MTD cub cadet (Big box store sale item)

to just suck up the clippings and be done with them after using the flail mower and never have to worry about a rear bagger for the kubota for much less money involved and the cylone rakes are on sale again this fall if you want a bagger but with a flail mower the clippings will be so fine they will dissapper in a few days if mowed only once or if mowed over a second time they will be nearly invisible.

The cyclone rake is shorter in height than the trac vac or others and is connected directly to the tractors rear hitch weldment
The suction fan rides directly with the mounting on the rear of the tractor frame.
and the rear caster wheels allow it to follow directly behind the tractor because it is physically attached to to it and does not turn in an arc like a trailer
the cyclone rake bagger unit folds up and you can hang it on the wall of your garage and roll the power unit under it as it has its own casters and base which is the direct mount to the tractors rear hitch frame.

Last edited:
   / BX2360 questions #3  

Questions on the BX2360:

Thanks.

The Deere is a big riding mower, the BX is a small tractor. My BX1850 does my lawn quite well. There really isn't much of a comparison. The JD is made by Yanmar and has a Yanmar engine. The Kubota is made by Kubota and has a Kubota diesel engine. Check out who uses Kubota engines and who uses Yanmar engines.

/ BX2360 questions #4  
Several years ago I had a Kubota 2200 with a 60 in belly mower and liked the cut very much. I traded it for a Kubota zero turn diesel mower to get into tight places with a 54 in deck . Deck on all Kubotas very strong. That said I missed not having a small tractor so last week I bought a 2360 with front loader and box blade (debated between that and a 1860 configured the same) glad I bought the 2360. Lots of power, easy to drive and good turn radius. I would expect a belly or rear mower on a 2360 will give you a good cut on your lawn and have enough power to tackle the heavy stuff.

By the way I was moving dirt on my lawn yesterday to fill some low spots and no marks were left by the 2360 on grass that had seen 4 inches of rain within the last week. Happy purchase

/ BX2360 questions
I want to add some more usefull backround info:

I will not use either tractor for dirt work. Neither will be loader equipped (the bota will be prepped with a loader valve). I have an M-7040 with an FEL, flail mower, etc. and a huge NH backhoe to do all the big work.
This purchase is 90% for extended mowing. remaining 10% might be snow, maybe a rototiller or some 3 point material spreading.

/ BX2360 questions #6  
For baggers also check out the trac vac 662 or 854-Bx. Or a tow behind trac vac.

/ BX2360 questions #7  
i own a bx2360 w/54" deep fine cut deck. i'm amazed at the quality of the cut. also have the fel and hd front dozer blade for dirt and snow (w/squeege edge)
the bx is a little beast . . . all be it - a light weight beast @1,500 lbs plus you, mower deck or front end loader.
there will be a greater market resale wise for a bx than a deere on steriods

good luck, hopefully nobody's offended D902 BX PILOT

/ BX2360 questions #9  
Builder, I mow my yard with a BX. I have R4s and it is harmless. We have extremely loose soil and nothing. No damage whatsoever. This isn't scientific, but just through experience and that of 100's of guys here, but the BX has a certain camber that will not hurt the grass. The weight of the tractor is only 1600 lbs, loaded up, and that weight is widely dispersed into those super wide tires. It likely puts less pressure per inch than a big box lawn mower.

My neighbor has a large B Kubota that I borrowed once to move some dirt. (this was before I got my own FEL). The camber on the B is different. That's all I can say. It marked my grass with turfs. Not severe, but noticeable.

The BX was somehow designed/engineered to be grass friendly. I am sure dozens of guys here will tell you that.

I use an Italian made RFM. The cut is awesome. My neighbors rave. Frankly, I don't know about raves, but it does a fine job. I would expect a BX MMM to cut a lawn as good or better than 99% of the riding mowers out there. That was/is its primary designed task by Kubota, imo. The fact that it is a bona fide, tough bugger, tractor is just a bonus.