Kubota Advice Needed!

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
My family is planning on purchasing a tractor. Were were planning on getting a riding lawn mower, but now we're deciding between:

Kubota BX2660 with: FEL, 60" MMM, and R3's. (which we've been planning on getting all along). - or - Kubota BX25 with: FEL, BH, 60" MMM, and R4's.

We are planning on using it to: mow about two acres, clear driveway of snow (with FEL), and any other general tasks. We also have a bamboo problem, so we're thinking we want a backhoe to dig it out (and to remove all the stumps we have accumulated over the years). We're planning to also fill a 4,000 gallon pond and have a garden in the future. So what do you think??? Any advice will be welcome!!!

Tomorrow me and my dad are going out to the dealer to test drive a BX2660.
Neither of us have ever driven a tractor before:ashamed: So what should we expect? Any tips or advice?

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #2  
I may be way off base here, cause I don't know for sure, but kubota's website doesn't list a MMM for the BX25 and it doesn't list a BH for the BX2360/2660.

The basic tractors are the same however. It just looks the BX25 is the one for the BH and the 2360/2660 are with the MMM. Maybe they they can interchange???? I don't know, but it is something to run by your dealer, how he can get them eqiopped and at what $$$$.

/ Kubota Advice Needed!
I may be way off base here, cause I don't know for sure, but kubota's website doesn't list a MMM for the BX25 and it doesn't list a BH for the BX2360/2660.

The basic tractors are the same however. It just looks the BX25 is the one for the BH and the 2360/2660 are with the MMM. Maybe they they can interchange???? I don't know, but it is something to run by your dealer, how he can get them eqiopped and at what $$$$.

You can get all of the mowers for the BX25. The BH was not a must, but we were thinking about an aftermarket for the BX2660.

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #4  
Sounds like the start of a plan. In regards to snow removal, you don't say where you are located but if you get a lot of snow, using just an FEL can get tedious. You might want to consider a rear blade, plow or blower dependent on your situation. I have done fine with a rear blade (although ultimately down the road would like a blower) and we get plent of snow here.

/ Kubota Advice Needed!
Sounds like the start of a plan. In regards to snow removal, you don't say where you are located but if you get a lot of snow, using just an FEL can get tedious. You might want to consider a rear blade, plow or blower dependent on your situation. I have done fine with a rear blade (although ultimately down the road would like a blower) and we get plent of snow here.

I'm in Southeastern PA.

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #6  
My family is planning on purchasing a tractor. Were were planning on getting a riding lawn mower, but now we're deciding between:

Kubota BX2660 with: FEL, 60" MMM, and R3's. (which we've been planning on getting all along). - or - Kubota BX25 with: FEL, BH, 60" MMM, and R4's.

We are planning on using it to: mow about two acres, clear driveway of snow (with FEL), and any other general tasks. We also have a bamboo problem, so we're thinking we want a backhoe to dig it out (and to remove all the stumps we have accumulated over the years). We're planning to also fill a 4,000 gallon pond and have a garden in the future. So what do you think??? Any advice will be welcome!!!

Tomorrow me and my dad are going out to the dealer to test drive a BX2660.
Neither of us have ever driven a tractor before:ashamed: So what should we expect? Any tips or advice?
Go bigger.

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #8  
I agree to go bigger.

Check out the new B3300su and the L3700su tractors. They are the economy tractors and dont have as many bells and whistles that drive up the price. Some of them little B's and BX's are still a lot of money for not a lot of tractor. Talking size and price is something you should discuss at the dealership, when you have the opportunity to see the models IN PERSON and be the judge for yourself.

Also, if you do decide to go the BX25 route, kubota lists the 3PH as optional.
Make sure you get it so you can run the various rear implements that are made. Such as the blade for snow removal.

/ Kubota Advice Needed! #9  
Is the bamboo your only current need for the backhoe? If so, you may be $$$ ahead doing a one-time rental of a compact excavator for a few hundred $ to get it over and done with. That would be quite a savings vs purchasing the backhoe, since the BX25 with backhoe is going to cost, maybe $ 4,000 more than the comparable BX model without it. However, if you expect to have other future uses for the backhoe, you'll save money getting the BX25 vs buying a backhoe at a later date. The add-on backhoes from manufacturers like Woods are comparable to what comes on the BX25, but will probably set you back something upwards of $6,000.

/ Kubota Advice Needed!
Is the bamboo your only current need for the backhoe? If so, you may be $$$ ahead doing a one-time rental of a compact excavator for a few hundred $ to get it over and done with. That would be quite a savings vs purchasing the backhoe, since the BX25 with backhoe is going to cost, maybe $ 4,000 more than the comparable BX model without it. However, if you expect to have other future uses for the backhoe, you'll save money getting the BX25 vs buying a backhoe at a later date. The add-on backhoes from manufacturers like Woods are comparable to what comes on the BX25, but will probably set you back something upwards of $6,000.

Yes, if we got the backhoe we would use it for other purposes.