Price check on loaded M9540

/ Price check on loaded M9540 #1  

jskibi

Dealer just received this M9540. I like the dealership and they are close. So here goes:

$52,900
2010 M9540 (new)
4WD/Cab/LA 1353 loader
84" quick-tach bucket
F24/R24 Shuttle Shift (dual speed)
2 additional rear remotes
Bi-speed front end
540/1000 pto
stereo
block heater
grille guard
gonna try to get wheel weights thrown in

Should I try to do better?

Joe

Last edited:
   / Price check on loaded M9540 #2  
Run a price quote on the Kubota web site, that will tell you a lot.

E/S

/ Price check on loaded M9540
Run a price quote on the Kubota web site, that will tell you a lot.
E/S

It only shows the list price.
Joe

/ Price check on loaded M9540 #5  
It only shows the list price.
Joe

Then knock about 14% off of that list price. That is where you should be... somewhat...

Lots of variables. Location, supply, demand, competition (or lack thereof) all changes things.

Get list off of the website and find out what percentage off of that gets you to the dealers price. You say it only shows list. You are right. But if you don't know what list is, you are shooting in the dark.

Ideally, dealer cost is what we would all like to know... but that is harder to come by... so we resort back to list minus a percentage.

The good-deal/fair-price range seems to be around 14%-15% off of list price.

/ Price check on loaded M9540 #6  
Based on your options, I think you can do a little better. Feel free to contact me via our website or a private message on here and I can give you a quote to compare with. Also, I would need to know where you are located to figure shipping. Thanks!

/ Price check on loaded M9540 #7  
Dealer just received this M9540. I like the dealership and they are close. So here goes:

$52,900
2010 M9540 (new)
4WD/Cab/LA 1353 loader
84" quick-tach bucket
F24/R24 Shuttle Shift (dual speed)
2 rear remotes
Bi-speed front end
540/1000 pto
stereo
block heater
air ride (i think)
grille guard
gonna try to get wheel weights thrown in

Should I try to do better?

Joe

Looks like your in the neighborhood of 11% off of list. To be more accurate, you have to find out EXACTLY what options are on the tractor. Not sure what the Bi-speed front end is.

Looks like you should get the dealer to come down another $2k... but it depends on the options. You really, really have to know exactly how the tractor is outfitted and compare that to Kubota's website list price.

/ Price check on loaded M9540
I did some checking and it doesn't have air ride but it does have two additional remotes. Online list price is $59,718. $52,900 is a savings of $6,818 or about 11.4%. 14% would be $51,357 or a savings of an additional $1,543. I'm guessing that might be worth having them as the dealer...or should I keep trying.

Bi-speed causes the front wheels to turn faster than the rear to turn the corners faster. The 4WD and bi-speed are on the same switch in the cab although both cannot be run at the same time. This is Kubota's answer to Supersteer.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Last edited:
   / Price check on loaded M9540 #9  
I'm guessing that might be worth having them as the dealer...or should I keep trying.

My two children and I own a toy or two (we race motocross) - we've fought long and hard to get a great price from our local dealers - we would REALLY prefer to buy locally - but to no avail - we do not... we'd rather save money!

My Kubota is my first tractor - I REALLY wanted to buy locally - I tried the nice "inquiry" approach, the "here is the price you have to beat" approach and the "are you sure - I'm not joking - I'll buy somewhere else" aproach - quite simply - Three local dealers couldn't come within $1500 of the price I paid - and my otd price included delivery... approx $2,000 savings!

Contact Brady Barlow at Barlow Equipment - there is no substitute! :thumbsup:

My only regret - I should have bought a PH and a Tiller too

/ Price check on loaded M9540 #10  
Buying locally vs getting a little more more off is always a conundrum. I get good deals locally and their willingness to come out and deliver stuff or other considerations is sure worth any extra money for me, but I have bought quite a bit and have a really good local dealer. In the long run, I have saved money, but that may not hold true for everyone.