Tiller recommendation

/ Tiller recommendation #1  

ITHINKICAN

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota
It will be for our M7040 - thanx!

Please let me know if you have experience with any certain Tiller - Land Pride or any other. I believe we'll want 6'. I am looking to save money if possible. I am money conscious but don't want to end up with something that is a piece of junk either.

We will be "tilling" 15-18' wide lanes for our mx/atv track. We intend to use it - best case scenario once/twice a week - worst case scenario only once each month...

Thank you TBN - you've called it perfectly so far... :thumbsup:

/ Tiller recommendation #2  
72 inch New Hawkline/International $1695 + modest shipping. 6 tines per rotor, gear drive and slip clutch. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• Hawklinetillerspecs.jpg
    Hawklinetillerspecs.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 325
   / Tiller recommendation #3  
It will be for our M7040 - thanx!

Please let me know if you have experience with any certain Tiller - Land Pride or any other. I believe we'll want 6'. I am looking to save money if possible. I am money conscious but don't want to end up with something that is a piece of junk either.

We will be "tilling" 15-18' wide lanes for our mx/atv track. We intend to use it - best case scenario once/twice a week - worst case scenario only once each month...

Thank you TBN - you've called it perfectly so far... :thumbsup:

The RT72 built by MOHAWK has been a great tiller for me. Its around $2400 and its built here in Tx. :thumbsup:

/ Tiller recommendation #4  
I haven't bought one yet, but I have pretty much decided when I do, it will be reverse rotation. It may be all marketing hype, but it sure seems like the forward rotation would be trying to climb out of the ground with harder soils, while the reverse would tend to stay in the ground better.

There is more information on the Land Pride website regarding reverse rotation.

/ Tiller recommendation #5  
I bought a Land Pride RTR, but any good quality tiller will give you good service including those with a price tag below that of Land Pride etc.

/ Tiller recommendation #6  
I also have a Land Pride RTR and have put on close to 35 hours on it this spring/summer turning an old overgrown farm field into a new lawn. It worked flawlessly.

/ Tiller recommendation #7  
I bought a KK 72". I used it to till an area of the yard and leach field that I upgraded. It has the forward rotation tines and when it hits something large it will climb over it rather than lock it up. I will say that the yard had not been tilled or broken up and it made no matter. When I made a pass over the ground it was very well tilled and the vegetation was well buried. No regrets on this purchase.

/ Tiller recommendation #8  
I have a Bush-Hog RTS 62" tiller that I have had for six years....about 200 hours,I till an acre of garden and 8 acres of food plots per year.It has been trouble free....I have broken a couple of tines,but with the numbers of rocks in this area that's not bad or the tiller's fault.Mine has the slip clutch,a must in this area,,I keep the rear flapper wide open and it just kicks the rocks out the back.I am a fan of Bush-Hog products,have their rear blade,bush-hog and box blade.

/ Tiller recommendation
Thank you for getting the ball rolling. I guess it isn't a "one tiller rules the world" type answer :)
1 - New Hawkline
1 - Mohawk
1 - tbd
2 - Land Pride
1 - King Kutter
1 - Bush Hog

TR/MW66 - which Land Pride do you own?

Anyone familiar with Ken's 72 inch New Hawkline/International $1695 at Sweet?
Ken - will that work for a tractor my size?

Anyone familiar with Phoenix/Sicma Tillers at Everything Attachments?
Phoenix T15-GE Series Heavy Duty 72" Tractor Rotary Tillers - $alot

I am being told I will need one specifically for up to 60hp PTO? I guess that's true...

Is any one tiller more affordable, durable, reliable and low maintenance vs the other?

I appreciate the assistance...

Last edited:
   / Tiller recommendation #10  
Thank you for getting the ball rolling. I guess it isn't a "one tiller rules the world" type answer :)
1 - New Hawkline
1 - Mohawk
1 - tbd
2 - Land Pride
1 - King Kutter
1 - Bush Hog

TR/MW66 - which Land Pride do you own?

Anyone familiar with Ken's 72 inch New Hawkline/International $1695 at Sweet?
Ken - will that work for a tractor my size?

Anyone familiar with Phoenix/Sicma Tillers at Everything Attachments?
Phoenix T15-GE Series Heavy Duty 72" Tractor Rotary Tillers - $alot

I am being told I will need one specifically for up to 60hp PTO? I guess that's true...

Is any one tiller more affordable, durable, reliable and low maintenance vs the other?

I appreciate the assistance...

The Hawkline should be fine with your tractor. We have sold for years, the Phoenix/Sicma/First Choice roto tillers and the RT 10-74GE inch Gear drive runs $2195 + modest shipping. Ken Sweet