Small Options Make The Difference on B Series

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
Those of you who have purchased a B2320,B2620,B2920. What option should not be overlooked? Did any of you get the rear wheel spacers? if so, why?

Are there better lower arms or keeps that make a "can't miss" option?

Any must have option/upgrades that you recommend to others? Pix are always appreciated, of course.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #2  
I added the telescopic stabilizers for the 3 pt hitch. This replaced the turnbuckles. Because I use the Pats Quick Hitch system, I didn't adjust the turnbuckles that much, but I had bent two bolts on them. They keep the lower control arms apart so I don't have to use the spreader bar and also better if you want to use the draw bar to tow a trailer as the arms don't swing in and hit on the tongue of the trailer. They do work enough better that if would probably be worth trying before ordering the Pats system, although having both really makes changing implements easy.

Stabilizer

I also ordered these chains to help when I am mowing with the rotary mower to keep it off the ground with the 1/4" valve. I actually ordered them from yesterday's tractor, but this other website has a better picture.

Mower Deck Height Stabilizer Kit -- Finish Mower & Rotary Cutter Parts

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #3  
I've been pretty happy with my standard B2620. I did have chains on it last winter without the wheel spacers, but it would work much better with them. I had to spend a lot of time wiring everything up so it didn't rub. I have the QC on my loader arms, and although you still have to "encourage" one pin at least in most of the time it is a nice addition when using the forks, etc. My hitch is standard issue, but I would make sure the 1/4 inching set up was working right when it was delivered next time. It took me too long to figure out the simple adjustments that make a difference. I guess all in all they are pretty good as is.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series
Work lights? Higher amp alternator, things of that kind?

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #5  
None of that yet, but I have been getting a list together, and may make, have made some of those mods. One other thing I'm looking at is putting the step from a B3300 SU on mine though the mounting area is surprisingly shorter on the B3300.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #6  
I also replaced the turnbuckles for the lower 3pt arms and added the knobs from a BX to the ROPS so it didn't rattle so much. You could consider a work light or two also.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series
Most of these suggestions, which are great BTW, are aftermarket or after sale. Any suggestion for dealer installed or factory installed options when ordering? Thanks for all your replies.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #9  
work light, rear spacers and loader QA. I also bought the forks and a 60" bucket. I think all this stuff could be added after the fact.

/ Small Options Make The Difference on B Series #10  
BP - sounds like you're getting ready to take another run at a B series machine?? Which one do you have in mind? The 2320 again? Ah, I miss the rush of the hunt. Wish I had an excuse to be back in the market again.